• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holden closed down

Sad but not unexpected. Once they stopped the manufacturing of the commodore, and started to rely on selling the rebadged models, it was obvious that this was the next step. The whole demographic of what sells in the auto industry over here has changed so much these days, and unfortunately they don’t have any models that are popular enough to sustain their presence here. I’m interested in seeing the direction the Supercars series takes over the next few years as well.

I have an easy solution for both New Zealand and Australia.....start driving on the Right Hand Side.

Then we can get all the cool Left Hand Drive cars here.

That will mean all those big gas-guzzling cars & trucks will be easy to buy here.

Me thinks wittle Gweta would be sad about that. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is a shame for a company that used to be #1 over there. But to be honest, I thought Holden was gone when the factory was shut down in 2017. I didn't know it had continued until now with imports.

Talked to my buddy in Australia (big mopar guy, owns a 73 Cuda and is looking for a 70 RR); he was telling me about the impact of this shut down. He says Ford has been sending RH drive mustangs but GM would not send in any Camaros which is a big reason their sales were down.

They do sell the Camaro over here, but i don’t know about the numbers though. I saw one in the local Holden dealer showroom a bit over 12 months ago. They may have been testing the waters a bit maybe.

They still had the proving grounds in operation at Lang Lang going, so they must have still been testing new overseas models for a while. But now that is closing down for good. I think the only GM run section to remain here is something to do with ongoing customer support or something.

The more i think about it, it feels quite sad to be witnessing the end of an era though.

They still had the proving grounds in operation at Lang Lang going,
That sounds like an awesome place to be. :D

Maybe if we converted which side of the road we drive on, this guy in front of me would have a fighting chance.

Filmed on Sunday afternoon on my way home from work.....

Sorry about the orientation @Kern Dog .....phone was set to stun before I pushed Video start. :p

The car had 14" wheels and looked like it had some serious bags. :eek:

That sounds like an awesome place to be. :D

Maybe if we converted which side of the road we drive on, this guy in front of me would have a fighting chance.

Filmed on Sunday afternoon on my way home from work.....

Sorry about the orientation @Kern Dog .....phone was set to stun before I pushed Video start. :p

The car had 14" wheels and looked like it had some serious bags. :eek:

I saw one sit up in the back seat when they stopped. Oh you ment the suspension :rolleyes:

that's too bad

the loss of good jobs, trouble the people will endure
concerns me more than the brand

I wonder if that was a GM owned add that they used around the world to promote their local brands?

Auto Transport Service
Back