• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley 650 on 383//727 kickdown solution tip?

__Larsson____

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
So i installed the 650 Holley Sniper last summer but havent the kickdown to work, do you guys that have a Sniper on your bigblock any solution for me so i can fix it?

You could switch over to a cable system instead of the conventional lever system, that's what I did. I think they cost $70 or something like that. I don't know what bracket you may need but a cable system should solve your problems.

Whatever you do, DON'T drive the car without any kickdown linkage!
Bad things will happen!

I used Bouchillon cable kickdown. Pretty easy to install. Just about dummy proof. Yes, you can ask me how I know.

Wish I saw the Amazon one earlier.

Got Lokar after not being able to find correct linkage

I installed the sniper efi on my Charger and went with lokar cables for both throttle and kick down. Got rid of the clunky linkage and simple to adjust. Went with the sniper throttle bracket as well and things lined up nice.
:xscuseless:

CDBC95D6-A98C-400F-8BAD-58066C4BF0B8.jpeg 43E216F5-22B7-455E-955C-071D778A61E8.jpeg 0E54D662-E051-449A-A2F8-5C78D96CDB9D.jpeg 8C42EAC3-7C48-40DC-8872-1027F831E6BE.jpeg 956D3A14-1C7F-454D-9664-F7DB49492441.jpeg

How do you like the EFI Sniper set up? I might be interested in doing this. I have a 383 in a '67 Belvedere

So far I really like the sniper system. I recently let the car sit untouched for over 5 months and just turned the and let the pump finish and start the car. Very smooth fire up on the first turn of the key.:thumbsup: No problems at all and it seems the so called learning is making this motor run and idle better than it has in the last 15 years. :thumbsup: :lol: :luvplace::steering:

So far I really like the sniper system. I recently let the car sit untouched for over 5 months and just turned the and let the pump finish and start the car. Very smooth fire up on the first turn of the key.:thumbsup: No problems at all and it seems the so called learning is making this motor run and idle better than it has in the last 15 years. :thumbsup: :lol: :luvplace::steering:
Did you have to swap the distributor? I have the 1970 type electronic ignition with the dual field squareback alternator

Did you have to swap the distributor? I have the 1970 type electronic ignition with the dual field squareback alternator

Pretty much any ignition system should work. Check the wiring directions. Currently mine has a ready to run distributor that I put in when I temporarily removed the MSD system while doing other things. I have the whole Holley sniper distributor and coil and the ignition box sitting on my shelf. I am just letting the current system learn and play with it before I put the computer control system on.

729BBD73-57D0-43CD-9E5B-7C29C5195415.jpeg 9B8F4115-C962-4ABB-B8D6-C830A1C3C163.jpeg

Pretty much any ignition system should work. Check the wiring directions. Currently mine has a ready to run distributor that I put in when I temporarily removed the MSD system while doing other things. I have the whole Holley sniper distributor and coil and the ignition box sitting on my shelf. I am just letting the current system learn and play with it before I put the computer control system on.

View attachment 1287023 View attachment 1287024
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

This has so far been a relatively easy change over and I also replaced the fuel tank with an earlier 71-72 tank with the pump inside because it seems like not much to choose from for the 74 with that hump. Early tank went right in and ran all new lines to the firewall. So the complete fuel system was fresh when I put fuel in for the first time. Also have a 10 micron filter right beside the tank. Clean, clean and clean is mandatory.

So i fixed it and not with any lokar cables or anything like it, i went with a bracket HOL20-7

gasspjäll.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back