• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Carb Installation Issues...

Rob'68Net

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently posted here about fuel boiling, hot start issues on a '69 Charger 383. Due to the issues I was having with the Edelbrock Performer AVS and heat sink, I decided to swap it out for a Holley 4160 single pump, vacuum secondaries, and a dual fuel inlet. I went to mock up the carb on the car tonight, and I quickly noticed 2 problems. First, the front fuel bowl on the Holley interferes with the stock ignition coil mounting. Second, the metal fuel line ends up coming out right in the middle of the distributor cap ! Uggh! Any ideas how to make this carb work on a 383 ? Intake manifold is stock. Do I need a carb spacer to gain more clearance? Mount the ignition coil in a diff. location ? Use a diff. style fuel supply line to the carb ? Thanks !
carb 2.JPG
carb.JPG

I used a 6 pack coil bracket and bent my own fuel lines from 3/8” stainless.

It looks as though the piece where the two lines converge can be shortened.

Do you have a spacer between the carb and intake ?
Yep, clearly shows in the picture but here it is by itself. I use to have a thermal break spacer as well, but it was the big open square and I wanted to get each throat running separate this round.
beerestoration2017 722.JPG

I used 3/8" SS tubing. Made a new line from fuel pump to the inverted tee.

20180730_160848.jpg

I run a setup very close to the one above ...

"I run a setup very close to the one above …"

Simple and effective.

Auto Transport Service
Back