• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

holley carb question

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
My 440 magnum engine is pretty next to stock so i was told to run a 770cfm holley street avenger carb,except on holley,s site it says that carb is not recommended for chrysler applications,the site recommended an 850cfm carb which seems a bit much if u ask me would i be able to get away with the bigger carb?

The intake you are running will make a difference. A stock TQ for the 440 is rated at 800 CFM I believe, but it's installed on a divided plenum dual plane intake. This arrangement makes the big carb more palatable. The divided plenum is how the factory gets away with three Holley two barrels on the 340 and 440 six pack cars. That said you might get away fine with an 850 on a performer intake, but the 770 sounds like a more reasonable choice to me. The factory AVS for the 440 was 700 or 750 CFM I believe and the 383 was 585 CFM.

Auto Transport Service
Back