• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

holley carb suggestions needed

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
this is for an A body, 68 dart 383 4bbl 4speed. If I wanted to get away from Edelbrock that it is currently running and try a holley what would be your suggestion? The stock AVS I believe only flowed 575 cfm, should I just get a 600 vacuum secondary Holley or go larger? essentially a stock 383 mild cam, stock compression.

Back in the day, my 383 low compression 2 BBL really liked the EDE DP4B & 3310 Holley. That carb was great.

If it's basically stock & you street drive it, 600cfm vacuum secondary for sure

When I had my 70 Charger bone stock 383 Magnum I had the OEM 600 Holley with the dist retard. Used it for long trips and squeeked 17-18 MPG out of it. Had a 750 3310 in the trunk jetted for Performance. Got where I was going and swaped the 750 on, it was like a whole nuther car. Then put the 600 back on and went my merry way. On my 68 R/R I have tried the Eddy 600 a 750 DP and now a 3310. The Ed ran good but had no nuts. The DP sucked fuel but had lots of nuts. The 3310 is the best all around for Perf and mileage. Now I have my 73 470 powered Duster and going to go to an 850 F the MPG Power baby Power. Might do the 3310 for the trip to Reno, more cash in my pocket for all the stuff Sin City offers. Maybe not.

Stock 383 or 440? Another vote for the 3310. Minor jetting adjustments perhaps,
but that carb has always worked pretty much out of the box for me on these engines.

Auto Transport Service
Back