• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley carb

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
I currently have a Holley 1850-2 (4160 ?) carb installed on my resurrection 440 Mangum. I am just trying to find if this will be a decent carb (600cfm) for mostly normal driving...maybe a little fun stuff.

Thanks

750cfm would run a lot better in the upper range for that engine where the 600cfm will fall short on power.

For the question you asked, the 600 cfm Holley you have will be fine. I know everyone has an opinion, and that's okay, but unless you are going to start modifying the engine for more top end power, save your money...The 600 is very responsive and will get better mileage in overall street driving...JMIO

I currently have a Holley 1850-2 (4160 ?) carb installed on my resurrection 440 Mangum. I am just trying to find if this will be a decent carb (600cfm) for mostly normal driving...maybe a little fun stuff.

Thanks

Take it for ride and let us know

Well, I bought a used 3310 today and rebuild kit. The rebuild kit is the same one I was going to buy for the 1850-2. I will rebuild the 3310 since it will not have an issue (750 vs 600 cfm).
If anyone is interested I have a 1850-2 for sale

All the above posts IMHO are correct, smaller is “usually” better on the street. You get better response overall when going slightly smaller.

I would start with the 600cfm, you can always play with the larger one later.

The smaller one is still installed and I plan on using it first. The 3310 isnt due to arrive until the 28th and then it will take some time to rebuild it.

The 3310 comes fairly lightly jetted. I have yet to see one of those, new out of the box, not mount right on a close to stock 440 and work well
once mixture and idle screws are adjusted for best vacuum.
They just plain work on stock 440's, almost like they were meant for them.

Auto Transport Service
Back