• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Dual Sync Distrib

Mike67

Local time
11:31 AM
Reaction score
Anyone runnining this distributor with a Holley EFI? Pros -cons? I have the Terminator and am thinking about letting the system control timing and eliminate the 6AL all together...thoughts comments frim those that went this route would be appreciated
Also curious about the size of the base compared to a MSD Probillet. I am also running RPM heads and know that there will need to be some clearencing on the corner, just wonder if the HDS fits a little better.
Thanks !

I'm running the Holley Dual Sync with the Sniper EFI and yes you will have to shave the corner of the head. Its short, and stocky so even the valve covers might be effected. It is a very tight fit, 1 or 2 of my plug wires sit on the valve cover pretty much.

I'm running the MSD 6AL so I cant comment about getting rid of it.

Once you can wrap your head around how the hall effect sensor works its actually pretty easy to dial in. It took me a few days for the trigger offset to make sense in my head. Its like your telling the distributor to physically fire at 50 degrees BTDC but the computer is telling the MSD to fire at 32-36 BTDC etc..

Thanks Zepp, why aren't you letting the Sniper control it instead of the 6al?
Im trying to figure out if there/what are the benefits ...???
Ya I was reading the installation guide and it sounded confusing ...

My buddy runs it with his Terminator set up and loves it! Took him a few try’s to get it set right, but after that, a few strokes on the keyboard, totally control over timing even while driving.

Thanks Zepp, why aren't you letting the Sniper control it instead of the 6al?
Im trying to figure out if there/what are the benefits ...???
Ya I was reading the installation guide and it sounded confusing ...

It was because of the way my car is wired. It was alot easier to just run the 1 dwell wire and call it done. That and I had read of issues with the Sniper controlling the timing as a stand alone and since the MSD was working I figured I'd leave it alone.

Auto Transport Service
Back