• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley rebuild kit? - 3310-1

CompSyn

Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
According to Holley, Renew Kit #37-1539 is what I need to rebuild my Holley 3310-1 780cfm vacuum secondary. Summit Racing has it for $128.95. This seems a little steep for a carburetor rebuild kit. Are there other options available or is this simply what I have to pay if I want to play?

I think the reason the kit for your 3310-1 is crazy expensive is because it is something of an oddball. The dash one uses a metering block secondary with a vacuum secondary. Dash two and beyond 3310s use a metering plate (4160 style), most Holleys that use a secondary block are double pumpers (4150).
I have recently used three of Jegs generic carb kits to rebuild two 850dp, and a bg gold claw, and been very happy with their kits. Before I spent that ridiculous money for a carb kit, if I had to I would buy a 4160 kit for the vac sec, and a 4150 kit for the metering block, and have lots of gaskets left over for the next time. Jegs kits have good nonstick gaskets, and they are around thirty bucks. You might get by with just the 4160 kit and an extra metering block gasket.

I think the reason the kit for your 3310-1 is crazy expensive is because it is something of an oddball. The dash one uses a metering block secondary with a vacuum secondary. Dash two and beyond 3310s use a metering plate (4160 style), most Holleys that use a secondary block are double pumpers (4150).
I have recently used three of Jegs generic carb kits to rebuild two 850dp, and a bg gold claw, and been very happy with their kits. Before I spent that ridiculous money for a carb kit, if I had to I would buy a 4160 kit for the vac sec, and a 4150 kit for the metering block, and have lots of gaskets left over for the next time. Jegs kits have good nonstick gaskets, and they are around thirty bucks. You might get by with just the 4160 kit and an extra metering block gasket.

I'm putting together a Summit order. Do you think this would do the trick... https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aed-4150

They correct holley kit might (?) have the vacuum diaphragm with it, as noted the kit from summit does not, cause its for a double pumper. I think if you add a vacuum diaphragm, you will probably have everything you need. If you check the diaphragm you have now, and its good, you wont even need that. (Open the primary throttle, pull the hose off the carb body and apply vacuum to the diaphragm housing. The secondarys should open.)

They correct holley kit might (?) have the vacuum diaphragm with it, as noted the kit from summit does not, cause its for a double pumper. I think if you add a vacuum diaphragm, you will probably have everything you need. If you check the diaphragm you have now, and its good, you wont even need that. (Open the primary throttle, pull the hose off the carb body and apply vacuum to the diaphragm housing. The secondarys should open.)

Just noted the lack of diaphragm...

So then, this: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aed-4160

Plus this: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aed-5840

I would just get the 4160 kit. It has the diaphragm, and shows four different metering block/plate gaskets. The one without the big hole in the center is for the plate. The other three are for metering blocks. I would bet that two of those will work on your 3310-1.

The 3310-1 is a 4150 NOT a 4160. The AED 4150 or Holley 4150 kit will get you what you need except the diaphragm( IF needed). The Holley kit is few $'s cheaper. If you buy the "big" kits you wind up with way more parts you don't use, for carbs you'll never have, than parts you do use. Take the vacuum diaphragm housing off suck on the apply hole & see if the rod moves up and then push the rod up into the housing & cover the apply hole with your finger & see if the rod stays up in the housing. If not, then buy a diaphragm.

The 3310-1 is a 4150 NOT a 4160. The AED 4150 or Holley 4150 kit will get you what you need except the diaphragm( IF needed). The Holley kit is few $'s cheaper. If you buy the "big" kits you wind up with way more parts you don't use, for carbs you'll never have, than parts you do use. Take the vacuum diaphragm housing off suck on the apply hole & see if the rod moves up and then push the rod up into the housing & cover the apply hole with your finger & see if the rod stays up in the housing. If not, then buy a diaphragm.

I concur....the Holley 3310-1 4150 is a great carb ...rated at 780 CFM. The 3310-2, -3 etc ARE NOT THE SAME. The 4150 is has superior design and versatility factor owing to the secondary metering block and provision for a secondary power valve. Individual replaceable jets (same thing as the primary side) are superior to the secondary metering plate.....how many different plates do you have in your "tuning" collection snd how do you stagger jet with the metering plates?....drill them to suit or ?? .
If you don't want your "old" Holley 4150 3310-1, please sent it my way I'll give it a good home and even pay for the ride.....
Look at Standard Motor Profucts "Jiffy Kit" or Walker Products: [email protected]
They make many different kits and parts for carbs,
Short answer......pay the $$$ for the correct Holley kit....now is not the time to "cheap out"... Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

130 bucks for a carb kit....what's the world coming to :realcrazy:

The 37-1539 is not the correct kit for a 3310-1. It covers 4150 + 4160 + 4500 carbs. The OP needs the 37-485 kit, for 4150 carbs. $43.36 @ Summit.

Thanks everyone. I contacted AED and they confirmed with me their 4160 kit has what I need for my dual metering block 3310-1... $36.99 from Summit Racing. On the way!

It does look like he AED 4160 kit does have 2 metering block gaskets that will work on the 3310-1. Doesn't appear to have the power valves, so that may be a separate order. The pic appears to show a diaphragm which isn't on the list, but may be in the kit. Be sure to check the existing power valves by sucking on main body side & see if the valve closes. Power valves do fail.

AED has a quick response time to e-mail. This is what they told me...

"Yes it comes with a primary power valve. It’s a great kit & has upgrades like reusable bowl screw washers etc. Even new idle mixture screws."

Glad you got what you need. Did they indicate if the AED kit does include the diaphragm? That Holley kit you originally referenced was one that covered almost every 4 BBL Holley makes, vac secondary, 1 or 2 metering block, double pump, & Dominator.
Interesting that the Summit Holley kit application listing for the 4150 doesn't include the 3310-1, nor does the 4160 listing. I'll keep the AED kits in mind for the future,

Glad you got what you need. Did they indicate if the AED kit does include the diaphragm? That Holley kit you originally referenced was one that covered almost every 4 BBL Holley makes, vac secondary, 1 or 2 metering block, double pump, & Dominator.
Interesting that the Summit Holley kit application listing for the 4150 doesn't include the 3310-1, nor does the 4160 listing. I'll keep the AED kits in mind for the future,
The kit from AED has a picture of its contents on summits site. It shows a vacuum diaphragm, a power valve, and gaskets for both metering blocks (three total) and a fourth for a metering plate. But only one accel pump diaphragm. Thats why i suggested that he get just the 4160 kit, even though a 3310-1 is a 4150.

The kit from AED has a picture of its contents on summits site. It shows a vacuum diaphragm, a power valve, and gaskets for both metering blocks (three total) and a fourth for a metering plate. But only one accel pump diaphragm. Thats why i suggested that he get just the 4160 kit, even though a 3310-1 is a 4150.

I agree it should work. At first I didn't think it had 2 metering block gaskets that fit the 4150 style blocks and I didn't see the power valve, but I see that now. I also see the diaphragm in the pic, it's not on list of parts... so?

A little update. The package label lists 600-780 vacuum secondary, so that includes the 3310-1. As you can see, a power valve and diaphragm is included. Seems like a good value for $36.99. Now I just need to find the time to rebuild my classic Holley.
50060046582_e738ea8e53_k.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back