• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Sniper Xflow

andyf

Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
Just ran one of the new Sniper Xflows today. Engine is a 505 inch big block with Trick Flow 270 heads, a Comp solid roller and a ported Indy 440-2 intake. Engine runs on pump gas and made right at 700 hp. The new Xflow is 900 cfm and has 120 lb injectors. The regular Sniper is rated for 650 hp and can't quite support an engine like this. We tried a regular Sniper on this engine and it fell flat up top but Xflow pulled hard all the way.
DSC_3843 (Large).JPG

Good info Andy.
Is that a stock production block or?
If it's a stock block, what are you using, if anything, to enhance its durability?
Regarding the Sniper Xflow vs regular Sniper, in particular the 650HP ceiling, I have similar concerns about the FiTech 3x2 EFI system. It would be great on my current 440+6, but the goals I have for a stroker build of as close to 600HP as I can get and at least 650TQ made me worry about the FiTech's stated 600HP support limit.
Holley got a patent for a 3x2 EFI system a couple of years ago and renewed it a few months ago, but I have yet to be able to get ANY information on it. I had Promax modify all 3 of my Holley carbs, so I'm using those now, they can certainly support my future motor's output goals with the appropriate changes, and F&B has a direct port injection+throttle body offering that they can tweak to support those higher output goals as well, but between the hardware and the control system, it is double the cost of the FiTech 3x2 system.

Stock block. Nothing special required for the block to make them live. ARP main studs and careful machine work is all it takes.

600 hp with 650 torque is easy to do with a stroked big block. We build those all the time. 505 with TF 240 heads, a modest hyd roller cam and a ported intake is all it takes. The Sniper 650 will handle that engine or use the Xflow if you want a little more safety margin. The Xflow is only another $100 so it seems like the smart choice to me.

A 6bbl system seems like a lot of extra monkey motion. You have a bunch of extra parts and an inferior intake manifold but I guess it looks cool. You'll just need to decide what is important to you. I have zero desire to mess with the complication of a 6bbl setup but different strokes for different folks.

A 6bbl system seems like a lot of extra monkey motion.
It's a real V-code Roadrunner, but not #s matching. I'm determined to always have 3x2 induction on it, whether carbs or EFI/TBI.
I know Jim LaRoy did a few stroker 6bbls in this range, and a few other builders did as well.
Thanks for the reply Andy. I'm reading one of your books now!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back