• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Sniper

JimKueneman

Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone put a Sniper EFI on their B-Body yet, especially a 318? Just curious how the linkages align and if I need to order anything else with the basic kit.

Jim

Done fitech but not Holley, however, my buddy is a Holley rep and they appear to be essentially the same. I'll ask him and maybe even put my eyes on the actual unit next Sunday

Done fitech but not Holley, however, my buddy is a Holley rep and they appear to be essentially the same. I'll ask him and maybe even put my eyes on the actual unit next Sunday

Summit can't keep them in stock.

If you go with the Holley unit that includes the lines pump and filter, my buddy the Holley rep can get that to your for around 1150. My price at summit 1182 and list is 1249. I can pm you his number

I just need the TB, I installed the Tanks Inc tank, sending unit and pump last night.

Has anyone put a Sniper EFI on their B-Body yet, especially a 318? Just curious how the linkages align and if I need to order anything else with the basic kit.

Jim
The only manufacturer that seems to be different when it comes to linkage connections is Edelbrock. Every one else uses the Holley carbuerator style side linkage ( on their TB's) which pretty much connects to existing linkage systems on older cars regardless of make or model. You can never really tell what auxillary pieces you might need until you get the Sniper mounted but brackets etc are readily available most everywhere. I have found from previous installations that the built in throttle return spring on most TB's negates the need for external springs and TB's lend themselves to cable style kick-downs.
When you do install a TB give the wire routing a great deal of thought so that it looks clean and I recommend only an "in tank" fuel pump for reasons you'll understand if you go outboard. The least amount of connections in the fuel delivery line, the better and always upsize the return line at least one size larger than the supply.

Last edited:
Jim, the Holley Sniper is what I have been wanting to do. I've been creeping on some of the blogs per the Holley web site to see what is actually being said. The one thing I found that I don't like is the idea of having to put in a single plane intake. Here you will find other pros and cons that others are having. This why the carb is still on there.
http://forums.holley.com/

Jim, the Holley Sniper is what I have been wanting to do. I've been creeping on some of the blogs per the Holley web site to see what is actually being said. The one thing I found that I don't like is the idea of having to put in a single plane intake. Here you will find other pros and cons that others are having. This why the carb is still on there.
http://forums.holley.com/

What? I just put an Edelbrock Performer on mine. Why is that? I will run through the forum later today...

I have the fitech on two cars with edelbrock dual planes.

I was thinking that this morning on my walk to the store for coffee. I almost pulled the trigger on the Go Street a month ago then changed my mind. Is one a Mopar? What about the linkage/kick down. Anything I need to buy?

Danny Cabral was the tech guy from Holley that answered the guys question about manifolds. I haven't emailed him directly about my set up but that was the reply given.
You can also google dual plane intakes and efi and there is plenty of discussion.
Maybe fitechs signal pickup is different, IDK.
Sure like the looks of the Sniper though.

I was thinking that this morning on my walk to the store for coffee. I almost pulled the trigger on the Go Street a month ago then changed my mind. Is one a Mopar? What about the linkage/kick down. Anything I need to buy?

One is a mopar but it's a 4 speed and I used the Holley throttle bracket they sell at summit to get the throttle to work. You'll have to do the same with the sniper. I just feel the Holley and the fitech are about the same

Danny Cabral was the tech guy from Holley that answered the guys question about manifolds. I haven't emailed him directly about my set up but that was the reply given.
You can also google dual plane intakes and efi and there is plenty of discussion.
Maybe fitechs signal pickup is different, IDK.
Sure like the looks of the Sniper though.

Looks like the cam selection and the placement of the MAP sensor on the Holley units. If you have a cam that ends up giving poor MAP reading when looking at one bank of cylinders it does not like it. The "solution" (hack) is to use a spacer or machine a slot in the divider on the dual plane.

I really like all the features of the Holley (and the comments that it learns way better than the FITech) but I have this manifold because it has all the mounting bosses for the AC and factory accessories. The single planes did not if I recall. It also appears with EFI the rule of thumb that dual plane work better at low RPM does not apply since the fuel is atomized by the injectors and not by the Venturi of the carb... Decisions, decisions.... I should have left the factory Carter 2 barrel BBD on it :)

Last edited:
Is there any other lessons learned on the Tanks Inc install? How does the sending unit work? Accurate? The tank is shallow so the unit ends up having a really short throw for the float, seems like that would make the measurement very, very sensitive.

After I goop the seals and put in the screws I don't want to take it apart again for any reason like the float arm screw came loose or the adjustment is critical to get a good reading, etc...

Anything else you remember would be helpful. Thanks,

Jim

I mocked up a box with the sending unit to get the exact travel needed before installing.

I think I am going to order the FITech Go Street Monday. I have no desire to monkey around with the dual plane potential issues. I want the Sniper but not enough to be a beta tester. FITech says flat out it does not matter, dual or single plane.

Auto Transport Service
Back