• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Ultra XP experience or stories anyone?

1966post

Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Looking a Holley Ultra XP for my 470. It's built pretty stout
Anyone have an experience with the Holley Ultra XP carbs?

Thanks

I hear they have an adjustable air bleed built into the main body in the center to adjust air supply at idle with big cams. That's an awesome feature to have for sure!

I may have an outlier, but here's my news:
Bought my 950 ultra xp from local dealer, who also dynoed the engine. He has serious chops- really knows these carbs. Mine had serious hole in the fuel curve under light, low speed rev- so bad i now have noise in the 5 speed trans. We tried one from another 500" motor and was better. The Smaller ultra, 850 I think wasn't much better. Carb goes back to holley, nobody knows what they did but it works. Also, the bowls on three that we looked at had terrible casting flaws on the bowls, caused gasket leaks. I filed them down and new gaskets.

....if the electric pump overcomes my vapor issue, and have no further hiccups -that carb will be plenty good.

Auto Transport Service
Back