• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Home demolition

Paul_G

Local time
9:43 PM
Reaction score
The gobmnt is building a new highway. Found this video of homes being cleared away. Really cool to watch.

Typical gov work. One or two people do all the work, everyone else stands around to watch. Now, we fly drones to get a better view.

They come down really easy !
I got to rip the office building down at work with an exivator I finished fixing . They wanted it tested and told me to have at it . It is fun especially when they forget there's power in the back of the building on a different panal. You would think a bulldozer would do the most damage you would be wrong they are wimpy

fnc-sr-20150611-obamahud.jpg

Those were some nice looking houses. Damn shame to tear them down.

I really have to wonder what the property values are now of those homes that are going to be under the highway? I know I'd be pissed!

Last edited:
They come down really easy !
I got to rip the office building down at work with an exivator I finished fixing . They wanted it tested and told me to have at it . It is fun especially when they forget there's power in the back of the building on a different panal. You would think a bulldozer would do the most damage you would be wrong they are wimpy
Before excavators were popular I've seen house demo guys use track loaders. The only difference excavators are way faster in demo and digging foundations.

They built I-84 in the late 50's they moved 5 houses and tore 3 down. One they moved a mile away. Biggest problem is how far they have to move the house. When they built an addition on to our townhall, the town bought my aunts house and tried to sell it for a dollar if you moved it. It was a 12 room house, no taker because no lots close enough to make it worth the trouble.

That thing could take out a camaro like a fly swatter !
Had a stripped 60 VW bug in my yard needed to get rid of it. Friend with a good sized backhoe said he'd bury it. The punishment the roof and windows took before collapsing and breaking was amazing.

Auto Transport Service
Back