• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Homemade Sonoramic long crossram manifold?

Moparnocar

Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
I really like the look of the all Mopar long sonic ramic manifolds, but it looks like they're going 1500 to $2, 500

Has anyone ever seen somebody attempt to make a homemade style long ram manifold like that? Maybe using parts of old eldelbrock manifolds, with basic welding skills? Not super worried about performance would just have to work ,more interested in the look

I recently saw a photo(damn if I can remember where) Looks like they cut up a damaged/busted Chrysler long ram.Shortened it and may have used the manifold adapters that Indy sells for a big block and welded it up.Or welded carb pads to the existing flange. Photo wasn't that clear. I really didn't see any advantage and they eliminated the balance tube.It was much shorter and the carbs were right on top of the valve covers. Like they say "If there is a will,there is a way". I will say it made me look twice.
At one time guys were making their own sheet metal intakes, so why not.

Unless you're a professional fabricator by the time you're done you'll have an ugly piece of ****, more hours than you can count, something that doesn't work worth a damn and you'll have spent what an original set would have cost. Sometimes the privilege of saying "I built this" just isn't worth it.

Also depends on how complete you want the set. I've seen the rams cheap enough too. Fabbing the linkage and stuff would be a breeze and air cleaners are no big deal. Its when you want "factory correct" that its going to cost you the big $$

Sometimes the privilege of saying "I built this" just isn't worth it.

Im sure it can be done. Will it be historic and epic, or will it be an ugly duckling, WHO KNOWS??
high-n-mighty.jpg
:usflag::moparsmiley:

Not looking for OE perfection, but just a killer, unique intake

I'm starting to thing carbon fiber. People are using expanding foam for the mold, then covering with carbon fiber.

I just need to figure out how to make one with just pic reference. I have faith this could work..

Not looking for OE perfection, but just a killer, unique intake

I'm starting to thing carbon fiber. People are using expanding foam for the mold, then covering with carbon fiber.

I just need to figure out how to make one with just pic reference. I have faith this could work..
OK so start a post take pic's and show us how you do. use the exhaust pipe for a mold inject the foam then shave it down to the shape you want then go man go !!!!!

Oh I have thought of making a set but then my laziness kicks in.

It would be cool. I did read somewhere the formula for the length of the intake for tq vs hp. I want to say I read it in the Ramchargers book when they were talking about the high and mighty

OK so start a post take pic's and show us how you do. use the exhaust pipe for a mold inject the foam then shave it down to the shape you want then go man go !!!!!

That's what I'm thinking, or using 2 of these, and a old torker intake, and connecting them with the carbon fiber tubes

Screenshot_20190828-071719.png

That's what I'm thinking, or using 2 of these, and a old torker intake, and connecting them with the carbon fiber tubes

View attachment 825156
i think that would work close off the side runners and open up the center 2 and the runners as carbon fiber would look cool . look close to the factory height of the carb to the runners i think they are lower in case of fuel flooding. maybe use fitech fuel injection ?

Oh I have thought of making a set but then my laziness kicks in.

It would be cool. I did read somewhere the formula for the length of the intake for tq vs hp. I want to say I read it in the Ramchargers book when they were talking about the high and mighty
you are right please read the mopar performance engine book it will tell you a lot about how to make HORSEPOWER.

Unless you're a professional fabricator by the time you're done you'll have an ugly piece of ****, more hours than you can count, something that doesn't work worth a damn and you'll have spent what an original set would have cost. Sometimes the privilege of saying "I built this" just isn't worth it.

THIS !!

And if you choose to make your own,I would bet you will be pulling your hair out before you finish them if you even do!

There was a guy up in the Seattle area that built one for his rat rod. Saw it at a *** drive in event. Lots of serious fab work involved. Saw the car when it came in. Appeared to run pretty good.

Just some food for thought, Look up Speedway Motors, Offenhauser #5605497. 2 of those with a 2x4 bbl intake would give you the cool factor if you are going after looks. I'm not smart enough to post the link/photo.

The short ram version of of the one I posted are the way to go. From the carb 2 tubes go to about 15" from ports. Then each of the 2 tubes splits into 2 more tubes going to each port. Hope can follow that.

THIS !!

And if you choose to make your own,I would bet you will be pulling your hair out before you finish them if you even do!
if that were the case every moonshiner would have been caught by the law . THERE IS NO SUCH WORD AS CANT I CAN AND WILL IS THE WAY TO LOOK AT THINGS

Auto Transport Service
Back