• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood and Trunk Emblem 1962

FlagCraig

Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
I have the hood lettering "DODGE" on 62 Polara 500 but no trunk lid lettering.

Is it suppose to be there and any recommendations on where I could find them?

Thanks.

there's no lettering on my trunk.

If it has holes for them you might post an add on here for WTB. I've seen them on Ebay now and then.

I saw this pic with a 500 Shield too? Might be that the owner added it?

The hood lettering is larger than the trunk lid letters.

Attachments

• 1962-polara-500-2door-hardtop-coupe-45d-008.jpg
    1962-polara-500-2door-hardtop-coupe-45d-008.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 1962_Dodge_Polara_500_(16393576154).jpg
    1962_Dodge_Polara_500_(16393576154).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 244
No holes. The car was repainted years ago. So if this is a standard emblem then they did not put them back on.

Of all the pictures that I've looked at, the Polara 500 had these letters on the trunk lid. Not one Dodge Dart had them in any of the models offered. (There's always that one)

You might have the exception. Look under the lid where they would be fastened and see if there is any bondo plugging the holes. That would mean someone just covered over the holes not to install the letters.

Look for a different color other than what the car is meaning that the lid was replaced with a Dart lid.

One more tid bit, the hood letters have two studs each, the trunk lid letters have only one stud each...

The hood and trunk letters are the same size will wok either place one stud is enough.
On some of the letters you can only get to one.
I am currently making the door letters POLARA in aluminum and have just got mine back from chrome if you are interested.
I am looking for interest to see if there is a need.
PM me

The hood and trunk letters are the same size will wok either place one stud is enough.
On some of the letters you can only get to one.
I am currently making the door letters POLARA in aluminum and have just got mine back from chrome if you are interested.
I am looking for interest to see if there is a need.
PM me
I am interested in the door emblem P O L A R A 500 for a 1962 Ernie - Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back