• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hood chrome hardware fix

charger10

Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
'67 charger hood chrome
SAM_1781.JPG
SAM_1780.JPG
SAM_1778.JPG
. anyone had any luck reattaching theses brackets? can a small machine bolt be welded on bracket missing it? I don't have a spot welder.

I’m not familiar with the car but are you asking how to attach the bolt to the bracket? If you don’t want to tack well it maybe try some JBWeld.

Clean both pieces and try silver solder or brazing rod. A small jewelers torch will help.

Clean both pieces and try silver solder or brazing rod. A small jewelers torch will help.
thanks for options. I was given some Ford metal bonding adhesive. hope the charger doesn't mind it. will give it a try.

I took care of some broken studs last summer while fixing a friend's 1968 Barracuda grill. Some were broken, some just spun because they were pressed in and no longer held.

I welded in some socket screws and ground them flat, works fine.
upload_2020-3-28_9-41-7.png

upload_2020-3-28_9-41-35.png

You might be able to find a carriage bolt to work in the clip. Also don’t think you should use any heat on the stainless, it can discolour. Check out bolt supply places, or other stores. If they are open. Some electronic components cabinets used carriage bolts.

Jeweler's torch? Never even knew there was such a thing. That could definitely come in handy...

Auto Transport Service
Back