• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood hinges

BeepBeepRR

Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
wanted to know if these looked normal or bent. Put a straight edge on them so you can see, they look bent to me. 66 Belvedere forgot to add that.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I will say that they definitely have an angle to them, but not knowing if they are supposed to be straight, it's hard to say if they are bent, or supposed to be like that and normal. Wish I could see more of the hinge.

I'd say it's bent. The metal is wrinkled. I can't imagine a factory part being bent intentionally right at the same location as the holes. if it was supposed to be that shape, it would have been stamped that way. Of course someone will come along and show a NOS part that has the bend...

D435256C-6A4A-4B63-8B00-64FE9817FC34.jpeg
I’ll take pictures of the entire hinge but both seem to be identical. Found this online.

Last edited:
Defiantly bent. Did you take them off the car like that? For them to be bent like that I bet the hood is to. Maybe not idk, but they are bent.

I checked a pair for '66 and '67 both that I have off the cars. No doubt, yours are bent.

Last edited:
I took them off the car like that. The hood is bent in both rear corners. But not crinkled or warped really bad. 12 ton shop press and 5 minutes work... Here we are now. Before and after.
IMG_2102[1].JPG
IMG_2103[1].JPG
IMG_2104[1].JPG
IMG_2105[1].JPG

Once you are done fixing them up, you may want to bolt a piece of perforated angle iron or whatnot to them, to actuate them a few times with some good lube in the pinch points, as opposed to giving your hood the workout. Or take the spring off you may not need anything to work them. They look good now.

Once you are done fixing them up, you may want to bolt a piece of perforated angle iron or whatnot to them, to actuate them a few times with some good lube in the pinch points, as opposed to giving your hood the workout. Or take the spring off you may not need anything to work them. They look good now.
Thats what was odd they opened and closed very easy before so I couldnt figure out why they were bent in that way. Its almost as if the nose of the hood was pushed down. But the hood has a little damage in both rear corners. I would have expected the hood to be bent in the middle with those hinges being bent like they were.

Auto Transport Service
Back