• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Hinges

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
Well as it turns out I have bad hood hinges, not surprised given they are 40+ yrs. old 64 Polara 500. Anyway, I found a place that will replace all the rivets for 150 plus shipping, not a bad price if you look at some of the companys out there that will charge you up the wazoo and not even give ya kiss. So I'm gonna send them off in a few weeks, but if someone knows of another company lets hear about it.

I don't know about 64s, but I have two nice sets of used hood hinges for 66-70 B bodies that I would sell for $50.00 a set. I should think you could find good used ones for the same.

I forgot the name of the company, I wrote it down at home, I'll post their name tonight.

I found some used sets for 50-80 bucks, but nothing is garunteed, so rebuikding mine seems like a good option.

Here's the company.

Wilsons Antique Car Parts
1067 Clearview Dr.
Forest, Va. 24551
434-258-2606

Give them a call if you need to rebuild your hinges and see what they can do for ya. I HAVE NOT done business with them so procede at your own risk.

Sent off the hinges today, turnaround is 2-3 weeks including shipping time. I'll post pics when I get them back.

The hinges turned out real nice, and tight, no jiggles in them at all. The rivets look factory, so I'll try to get some pics posted this week. Now I can give a recomendation to use this company. 2 thumbs up!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back