• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood insulation Clips

Longknife

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
I got hood insulation from Classic Ind for my 96 Rr and the square clips, MD 2104 to go with it. These clips fit in the 1/4 inch holes along the front and rear of the hood but the holes along the hood inserts are about 5/16 and too big for these clip's to work!! They show a 5/16 round clip for a GM prod though!!any one else have this problem??? The hood is an aftermarket,,,I think! Thanks, Ed

Last edited:
Checking it closer, the clips from CI only fit six of the holes, along the front of the hood. All the other holes are too big. These are the holes that are used to attach the air grabber. So I purchased 22 clips at $1.99 each and only six will work!!! So I have 16 clips that will not work!!!You would think Classic Industries would know this, why the H3!! does Classic IND sell parts that will not work!!!! I am sure I am not the only guy in the world who tried to do this!!! VERY frustrating on something that should be so simple!!!!,,,RANT,,,,

Auto Transport Service
Back