• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Lip Chrome Trim on '68 ('69) Coronet

JimKueneman

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone verify that there was a factory hood lip chrome piece on these cars? I am not finding one in the parts manual but my hood has holes for something along the hood.

Jim

Can anyone verify that there was a factory hood lip chrome piece on these cars? I am not finding one in the parts manual but my hood has holes for something along the hood.

Jim
Not that I know of. Power-Bulge? Holes allow the leading edge fill panel install for 69's maybe.

Jim,
The 68' did not require the filler piece on the hood lip but the 69' did. Not sure if the 68' hood had the holes for the filler (I wouldn't think so) it's possible that it has a 69' hood on it.
If you look at the top of the grille on the 68' and 69' you can see the differences in them.

Jim,
The 68' did not require the filler piece on the hood lip but the 69' did. Not sure if the 68' hood had the holes for the filler (I wouldn't think so) it's possible that it has a 69' hood on it.
If you look at the top of the grille on the 68' and 69' you can see the differences in them.

It is possible. The left fender and bumper were clearly replaced due to an accident in the 70s. There were part numbers stamped on them. The fender is just a little bit different than the right side so it is completely possible the hood is a 69. Thanks

I'll have to show you my 1969 Dodge dealers brochure. There are two pictures of 69 Coronets (one a Super Bee, the other a wagon) that have 68 hoods, or they omitted (by accident?) the trim piece between the hood and grill.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is the filler used on the 69. Are these the holes? Need pictures. Why are there 2 threads on this.

Because they were sort of two independent questions at first. It started as "Where can I find one" to "Did they even come on '68s". It looks like '68 and '69 hoods are different. Mine is straight across the bottom. Yours looks curved on near the headlights.

DSC_0125.jpg
DSC_0126.jpg
DSC_0127.jpg

Because they were sort of two independent questions at first. It started as "Where can I find one" to "Did they even come on '68s". It looks like '68 and '69 hoods are different. Mine is straight across the bottom. Yours looks curved on near the headlights.

View attachment 383674 View attachment 383675 View attachment 383676
My understanding is that that the 68-69 Power Bulge hood top skins are the same. The 69's got the filler panel on the leading edge. The curve is the fill panel part, hood is a straight line edge.

My understanding is that that the 68-69 Power Bulge hood top skins are the same. The 69's got the filler panel on the leading edge. The curve is the fill panel part, hood is a straight line edge.
Yes the 68' and 69' bulge hoods are the same with exception of the holes for the filler panel in the 69' hood

Jim,
I know this is kinda off subject but you should post some pics of your car!

Frt edge of my '68Bee,straight across,no holes.

IMG_0691.JPG

It's gotta be a '69 hood. I can't find a photo on the web of a '68 or '69 with a hood lip chrome (as expected with no part number in the '68 parts book).

Jim think ur right. Although a '500' would be expected to be high end for trim.

Auto Transport Service
Back