• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood mounted turn signal gaskets???

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
Just snapped in the new hood mounted blinkers on my 69 Charger that I bought from Year One. The car never had any so I don't have anything for reference. Is there supposed to be a gasket between these and the hood? It seems strange that they are not sealed off and any water can seep around them and into the engine bay and hood channel. I purchased a complete paint seal kit for the car, but there is nothing for these.

I'm pretty sure mine has a plastic gasket. But I don't know how to get the damn thing off... had to sand around it.

I've checked every vendors website I can think of. The only ones I see are the ones I got in my kit - the grey foam seals that go between the housing and lens. With my luck, these will end up being one of those non repoped parts lol.

I've checked every vendors website I can think of. The only ones I see are the ones I got in my kit - the grey foam seals that go between the housing and lens. With my luck, these will end up being one of those non repoped parts lol.

Mine may have been foam as well. Hard to tell because I couldn't see much. It feels like its going to break when I try and take it off.

Auto Transport Service
Back