• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood mounted turn signals, 1970 Charger

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
I was under the impression that all 68-70 Chargers had hood mounted turn signals. I've learned that I was wrong.

Hood TS 1.jpg

Hood TS 2.jpg

For 1970, they changed a few things to lower the base price to sell more cars. Some models like the XH base level were really spartan. My "Jigsaw" Charger came with a hood that had these metal block off plates seen above.

They are shaped the same as the lenses:

Hood TS 3.jpg

Hood TS 4.jpg

I'd like to piece together a functional set for this car. As I often do, I look to all sources for parts.
My question....
What other models of cars came with hood mounted turn signals? I figure if I can broaden my list of donors, I may have better luck. These lenses are probably reproduced but I doubt that the wiring harness is.
Thanks!

Thank you for the responses. Jigsaw needs a complete set. Ginger has a finicky right side that seems to fail due to poor grounding on a rusty housing.
A member here posted about a 3D printed set he is making but he didn't list a price. I'm wondering if his or some other can simply be tapped into the turn signal circuit in a non stock manner. My red car Ginger has a bullet connector "pigtail" that Jigsaw does not have. I was thinking of adapting some type of wire that can be disconnected easily if/when the hood needs to be removed.

Here is an interesting development.....

FOR SALE - 1970 Charger hood turn signal lens 3D printed !

1970 Charger hood mounted turn signals. Option code A01 light package. Standard on SE models. A01 option found more on V8 then /6.

Did you finally get it sorted? My buddy needs help too
I PM'd Canadian1968 about the 3D printed lenses. I asked for 2 pair so I can replace the ones in Ginger too.
For Jigsaw, I'll run my own wires, making it functional regardless of how the factory did it.

Auto Transport Service
Back