• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood scoop spec's

66_B_Body4ever

Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
G'day all,
I want an ro23 style scoop for my 66 Belvy. I am not trying to create a clone car but like the look as I have seen on so many 66/67's. I need some of the basic dimensions of the ro/wo23 scoop. Angles, heights, widths, so on and so forth...I think I will build a custom steel (maybe aluminum) version that will not exactly duplicate the ro23 but fulfil the role on my 66. I am a bodyman with decent metalworking skills and believe it will look good. If anyone can help by offering some spec's off of their scoop I would sure appreciate it. I know the overall length and width and height but lack the front, side and rear profile angles relative to how it sits on the hood.

It would be easier I am sure to just buy a glass version, I found a guy that makes a real nice steel one for about 900 clams, but I love a challenge...

Why not get an el cheapo "glass scoop and take it from there? When you start, I definetely would like to see pics. Your advice on painting has helped me out, so in my opinion, I think you'd do a good job on the scoop.

For me an el cheapo scoop coming across the border would be around $400. after the dust settled. Would still need considerable work likely (if history working with fibreglass has taught me anything) and the other problem with fibreglass is it doesn't stay straight (undistorted) over time...So I thought I would attempt building my own out of steel or aluminum. I will post a thread on the construction, just need a couple of angles for starting points. I will throw a graphic together to explain my idea...

Damn, I forgot the "duties" that need to be paid for stuff going to Canada.

That is a great idea. Let's us other 66-67 owners know what you come up with. I looked high and low for a set of the 67 GTX scoops and finally found a set but now I think I like the look of the super stock scoop better and I going to probably need the clearance with the RpM intake I'm going to use.

Auto Transport Service
Back