1. Jerry Hall

Jerry Hall Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:31 AM
    What is used to replace the bonding material that is between the inner structure and outer skin on the Mopar hoods and Deck lids. Also how is it applied to look as original. I'm trying to use a hood that is in really good shape but most of that material has turned loose and fallen out.

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I use NVH dampening foam made by 3M. It's best to split the structures to apply it properly.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Jerry Hall

Jerry Hall Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Does this product remain soft or does it harden? I looked it up and can't determine if it just remains soft to give one time to work it or it remains in a soft pliable state. Also is it paintable and the paint not flak off?

• zyzzyx

zyzzyx FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Thanks Jamie for the heads up on the 3M product! I had a few spots come loose on my hood
      and needed the same fix. I was going to use panel bonding adhesive but this is a specific product.

• Like Like x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.