Hooker headers for a B engine

General Mopar Tech Discussions

1. jonny0666

jonny0666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:30 PM
    anyone ever have luck with Hooker Comp headers with a 383/400 B engine in a 1971 roadrunner with stock components? Before I go out and buy new ones, figure I’d see if the ones I have will work. On initial review, it looks like a bust.

2. lewtot184

lewtot184 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I had some 1 3/4's and 1 7/8's in a '68 b-body 383 back in the day. IIRC the 1 3/4 fit fairly well. but, after using TTI's I wouldn't use hooker again. I like the TTI total package.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • GetX'd

GetX'd Making Life Great Again!

Local Time:
      10:30 AM
      I bought Hooker Comp Headers 1 7/8 Ceramic coated from Summit. Fit was very good. And the price was much better than TTI. I have a 440 68 GTX. No regrets.

• jonny0666

jonny0666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I've heard the 440s and RB blocks work well with them, I'm actually in process of looking for a build-able 440. But for now, it just has a 400 in it. And I've heard the B blocks make it a pain to fit headers.

• Rick@Laysons

Rick@Laysons FBBO Vendor FBBO Sponsor

Local Time:
      If you have a low deck B-block 383 or 400, the 1 7/8" Hooker Super Competition PLUS is the way to go.

They fit very nicely on a low deck big-block. I didn't even have to dent a tube to get them to fit, and there were absolutely NO ISSUES....other than getting a slightly longer positive battery cable so as to clear the tubes going to the starter.

• Cojohnso1

Cojohnso1 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      12:30 PM
      I have a set of 2" on a 451 B-block in an A-body. As you can imagine. The fit is tighter. But they work well. They are non coated that I painted with high temp POR. They do flake a tad. But being a 90% index drag race setup? My feelings are not that hurt. They perform well. A bit of a hassle to get on and off. But learned to live with. Certainly not enough to consider paying the TTI $$$

• demonram

demonram FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I can’t tell you why but the hookers I bought for 72 sat seb + with a 400 ( now stroked 451) fit sucked! 17/8” super comp., thank god I didn’t pay for the ceramic coating! The passenger side collector hit the trans, I had to smash and dent for steering, trans. When I called hooker they said I voided the warranty by sand blasting and I must have bent or cut them to hit the trans. Screw hooker, I used them, but never again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.