• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hooker Super comp adjustable headers (5320-1) in 1970 b body

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
Might get a set of these as part of a package deal. The instructions seem to indicate you have to cut part of the fender well, and they also say that it is not compatible with power steering. Anyone have personal experience with these? I’d prefer not to cut the fender well or remove the factory power steering from an RT that came with it.

Hooker is probably 100% right about what is required. I, personally wouldn't cut my fender wells for any kind of headers. Buy something that fits, or buy the package deal, and sell the headers to purchase something else.

I have super comp adjustables on my 62 savoy, but I have no idea of the number, or if they are the same as yours. Mine might be exclusively for the 62-65 k member.
That said, yes the fenderwell is cut for the rear tube through the wheel well, on both sides, and I don't have power steering.
If you don't want to poke a hole in your inner fenderwell, and you want to keep power steering, they aren't for you!

"Regular" super comps fit just fine without any more of a mod than slight denting.

I'm foggy on what the number was for my Hooker adjustables on my '65 Coronet, thought they were 5319. These were 2" primary with the rear tube on each side wrapping around the frame rail through a cut in the inner fender. I thought the 5320 was a 2 1/8" primary.
I'd bet the Hooker requirements are correct. Back in the day the Hooker models for the 62-65 were different than '66-70.

Auto Transport Service
Back