• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot Rod Power Tour 2022

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Curious if any of you guys are Hot Rod Power Tour people? My father, son and daughter and I did it back in 2019 as Long Haulers, but we missed the return last year. Looks like it is headed down south this year in June. Seriously considering my daughter and I making the trip in the Road Runner.

https://www.motortrend.com/events/hot-rod-power-tour-2022-dates-locations/

Day 1: Monday, June 13 - Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
Day 2: Tuesday, June 14 - Nashville Superspeedway, Lebanon, Tennessee.
Day 3: Wednesday, June 15 - Hoover Met Complex, Hoover, Alabama.
Day 4: Thursday, June 16 - Pensacola Fairgrounds, Pensacola, Florida.
Day 5: Friday, June 17 - Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, Georgia.

Hot Rod Power Tour is a must do bucket list item for car crazies.
In my younger days I did 9 long hauls in a row.
It has been toned down a bit. Back then it was 10 days. Many of the early ones went from California to Ohio and even to Tennessee.
Had a great time on them all.

Already registered. I am in Tennessee five miles from I40. Straight shot to Memphis, BUT 450 miles. Figured if I didn't do this one I would never have another chance. Roadrunner was completed last year.
Thanks
PT in East Tennessee

Driving on the Power Tour is definitely on my bucket list. Only problem is this year I plan to do another cross country trip and by mid-June I should be in the North West to Northern Mid-West of the country. Obviously not in the right part of the country to join in. Perhaps 2023 is my year...

We are joining the tour Wed. morning on the route to Hoover AL and finishing the tour up from there. Wife is taking her Super Bee, my son (17) driving his '82 C10. We long hauled last year in the '65 SS396 conv. Always a good time!

We are joining the tour Wed. morning on the route to Hoover AL and finishing the tour up from there. Wife is taking her Super Bee, my son (17) driving his '82 C10. We long hauled last year in the '65 SS396 conv. Always a good time!
The second day venue is the Nashville Super Speedway. On the event agenda it says event starts at 12:00 noon.
I have registered just for the Nashville location.
Does anybody know if they open the venue earlier for locals to enter before the caravan arrives? The caravan is coming from Memphis and based on their routing its about 4 hour drive leaving Memphis at 8:00 AM.
No information on the Nashville Speedway site.

Any direction or past experience would be helpful.
Thanks
Frank

I went on the 1st one, R66 from (Concord to) LA,
supposed to go to above Chicago on R66
got about 1/2 way, before having to return home
stupid damn emergency at work
spent $10,000 in gas/fuel-diesel, food, for 3
& my dog 'The Duke' & camping spots over about 10 day
(my old silver 68 RR 479cid 6bbl on N2O & my dad driving the Motorhome, pulling my enclosed trailer
that doubles as a place to sleep, me Lisa & my dog to rest with US, dad in the MH
)
got somewhere in upper Oklahoma, I had to come back home/work

only problems were/was water in the gas a few places

Not ever again until it comes back West

so probably never again, the way they plan it now...

Just found out Tim Welborn has opened his museum for power tourer's!! He is going to do a personal tour of his home collection which is supposed to showcase 2 HEMI cars he recently purchased that haven't been in the public for decades! (71 HEMI Challenger & 71 HEMI Charger)

I will have full coverage on the Youtube channel!

I have to park on that lawn!!!

I watch Derek and family on the Vice Grip Garage Youtube channel, and really enjoy his documentation of the Hot Rod Power Tour. Tis a long-*** way for me to go from Utah (aka The Land That Time Forgot) so I'm sure envious of people who get to participate.

Already registered. I am in Tennessee five miles from I40. Straight shot to Memphis, BUT 450 miles. Figured if I didn't do this one I would never have another chance. Roadrunner was completed last year.
Thanks
PT in East Tennessee
Howdy, almost neighbor! (I am well familiar with your area, was over there twice last week alone).

Something I haven’t seen mentioned, was there a Mopowered Tour?

Just found out Tim Welborn has opened his museum for power tourer's!! He is going to do a personal tour of his home collection which is supposed to showcase 2 HEMI cars he recently purchased that haven't been in the public for decades! (71 HEMI Challenger & 71 HEMI Charger)

I will have full coverage on the Youtube channel!

I have to park on that lawn!!!
I have been a regular on his lawn and at the museum.
20191011_112455.jpg
20191011_101723.jpg

Curious if any of you guys are Hot Rod Power Tour people? My father, son and daughter and I did it back in 2019 as Long Haulers, but we missed the return last year. Looks like it is headed down south this year in June. Seriously considering my daughter and I making the trip in the Road Runner.
Early photos from next years event....

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 6.47.41 PM.png

Auto Transport Service
Back