• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot-water direction?

mmissile

Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I have to install the aftermarket water-valve into my Gen-III conversion. On a 6.4, which hose is the output, and which is the input? Besides that, does it matter which hose is used to regulate the water in or out of the core? Is stopping the water in either hose, doing the same thing?

Page 7 of the crate manual. Shows flow direction in the back of the engine.
https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/pim/media?id=9012411170846

When installing coolant lines ensure there are no sharp bends that may restrict coolant flow. Use tightly secured clamps on hoses and inspect for leaks. Adequate engine cooling is necessary to prevent damage to engine. No air bubbles should be trapped within coolant lines, bleed system correctly. Do not run engine above 116° Celsius or 240° Fahrenheit. Normal temperature range is 93–110°C (200–230°F).

Rear Heater Lines If bypassing heater core, recirculate coolant lines at the back of the engine by connecting one side of coolant line to the other using an appropriate length of hose to ensure no sharp bends are present and fasten with hose clamps. Use 5/8 inch inner diameter (ID) hose. If using a heater core, coolant line flow direction is as pictured.

It seems like you may want it to circulate even though you bypass the heater core. Use a bypass valve otherwise you may over heat the engine. This is my guess..

Last edited:
Thanks. It sucks that I over-looked the heater control valve. I have to redo a bunch of stuff now. The bypass may actually make things a tiny bit easier for the retro-fit. TINY-bit. I have very little room to work with.

281anwh.jpg
Black hose against cowl.

lol glad I could help.. even though I have no idea about this swap. I'm just a decent googler...

Auto Transport Service
Back