• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about this one?

YY1

Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...6200974?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item416fa8b28e

The first Mopar "hot rod" I remember positively identifying (and lusting over) was a bahama yellow 69 RR, set up for street/strip, much like this one.

Right off, what usually bugs me about a black engine bay doesn't seem to bother me much here, maybe because of the hood stripes.

Most of the mods don't bother me either. Even the fact that it looks like it used to be white.

How come some 68-70 dashes look "puffy" like that and some are much sharper and less "soft" looking?

Good question YY1
I too have noticed this...
Perhaps different assembly plants and their "sub-contractors" ?

:rolling: :headbang:

Looks good from the outside, like the HD pic's...but no way that car is work 35K. As far as mostly new wiring, all the old garbage seems to be running into the bulkhead connector and why would you mount non-insulated terminals to the realys and then on the front of the radiator core to boot. Looks like there's prior front end damage judging by all the wrinkles in the inner fenders (especially passenger side) and bubbling corrosion under the black paint/undercoating where the inner fenders meet up with the radiator core. I guess a guy could pick apart anyones ride, nothings perfect...but for 35K, you would expect a car that wasn't a wreck under the hood, some more premuim things to say about the powerplant and didn't have a two-tone trunk option. Myself I would wonder what else is buried under carpet, paint or undercoating. I'd say 20K at very best, but i'm sure someone will like it well enough to jump over that number.

Looks good from the outside, like the HD pic's...but no way that car is work 35K. As far as mostly new wiring, all the old garbage seems to be running into the bulkhead connector and why would you mount non-insulated terminals to the realys and then on the front of the radiator core to boot. Looks like there's prior front end damage judging by all the wrinkles in the inner fenders (especially passenger side) and bubbling corrosion under the black paint/undercoating where the inner fenders meet up with the radiator core. I guess a guy could pick apart anyones ride, nothings perfect...but for 35K, you would expect a car that wasn't a wreck under the hood, some more premuim things to say about the powerplant and didn't have a two-tone trunk option. Myself I would wonder what else is buried under carpet, paint or undercoating. I'd say 20K at very best, but i'm sure someone will like it well enough to jump over that number.

good eye prop

I have to agree with the high price, But that is a beautiful car im sure myself someone would go for it at that price easy enough and thats pretty high... 20K does sound more reasonable for a 69.. Great shade of yellow on it..

beautiful car, liked everything until I saw the door speakers and the Chevy black under the hood. definatly on the high side.

Great looking car! The only thing I don't like about it, and this is just my preference, the "jacked up" look. I much prefer my wheels tucked into the fenders.

beautiful car, liked everything until I saw the door speakers and the Chevy black under the hood. definatly on the high side.

The black engine compartment goes with the traction bars...:sFun_doh2:

um............theres no windshield wipers or antenna.....for 35 G's...i would want them on there...love the car but heres a few things i aint diggin' ...but i do like the jacked up look.....and the fuzzy dice!

too much sidewall on the back tires
id rather see flat black on the hood
all that work....and didnt bother with the engine bay??????????????
22G's max is what id pay for that

First picture, First impression, Nice ! Then i read & looked, and read & looked again and then another time. I`d like to know what`s under that yellow paint, on those quarters! Especially behind the wheels!! Is it just me? Laser Straight?

Normally i don`t say much until someone says things like "Laser Straight!"

The passenger side door line kind of fades and then comes back near the Q/P, the Q/P line doesn't look that straight either. Not much detailing on the firewall as evidenced by the painted starter relay and area where the steering column goes through. I think the car looks tough with those back tires tucked right in there. I'm saying around $20K also.

Auto Transport Service
Back