• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How accurate are EFI carb Horsepower ratings, any wiggle room?

sam dupont

Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
What happens if your motor ends up making more HP than predicted and is more than the 400 horse reading?

I think the Holley Sniper will go up to 650 hp. If I remember correct.

Unless you race the car regularly, what difference does it make?

I think they are rated by what the injectors can flow?
I believe it is righted at the injector flow at a rated pressure. So if you up the pressure you'll potentially get more flow. Have to check with a manufacturer though.

I believe it is righted at the injector flow at a rated pressure. So if you up the pressure you'll potentially get more flow. Have to check with a manufacturer though.

Right. I don't know what the airflow ratings are, I would think pretty good as there is no venturi or booster restricting flow?
I have read that the FiTech 1200 PA that I have flows 800 cfm?
Not likely going to make 1200 HP N/A with 800 cfm flow, but injectors should support around 1200 HP boosted?
As mentioned above, you can increase pressure or use higher flowing injectors to feed high power.
The Injector duty cycle logged at WOT should indicate if you need more fuel flow.

Do you really want to overwork your injetors and run them so close to their max so frequently?
Do you want to give away horsepower instead of taking advantage of the horsepower that you have?

Auto Transport Service
Back