• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How common are these seats in the Cordoba?

306Doba

Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
Can't find any pictures online of a Cordoba that has this style of seat, was it a factory option or aftermarket? If it was aftermarket it would have had to have been years ago when my great grandpa owned the car but I can't see him doing it.

P1020390.jpg

P1020389.jpg

P1020386.jpg

Looks real comfy! They had so many options on these cars back then, I don't know how anyone could keep track of them. I serviced these in '77-'80 working at a dealership. I never owned one but always liked them. Ran real good for a "emission" car. I would check out a Cordoba car club. You might see a pic. of your interior. My guess would be it is factory. Do you know where your car was built?

Yeah it was built in Ontario. Thanks for the advice, I will continue searching!

Edit: and yes, they are very comfy :D have drivin half way across Canada a few times and never had any issues

Edit #2: Cool, if you type in Chrysler Cordoba Interior into google image search an old interior shot of my Doba is the first on the list :D

My guess, being built in Ontario, might make your combo something that was done there and not in the US. I might be wrong. The vinyl with cloth insert looks custom but I cannot see anyone having that done by an upholstery shop for your particular car. Wouldn't make any sense. On the other hand it looks like no one has ever sat in your car!

Not sure if it was an option but never saw it on a Doba before. Man, they are nice! They are in excellent shape for the year of the car.

It is a factory option, they are two-tone seats. The ones pictured are a two-tone red.

CODE: F7_ _ = CLOTH/VINYL BUCKETS + _ _= COLOR

1978 was the last year for this interior style.

I would think the seats code might be F7R4 on the Fender Tag for those seats?

R4 being for Red.

F7_-_Style_seats.jpg

Attachments

• F7_Style_seats.jpg
    F7_Style_seats.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
It is a factory option, they are two-tone seats. The ones pictured are a two-tone red.CODE: F7_ _ = CLOTH/VINYL BUCKETS + _ _= COLOR1978 was the last year for this interior style.I would think the seats code might be F7R4 on the Fender Tag for those seats?R4 being for Red.View attachment 86708
There ya go 306 Doba! Thanks Magnum.

they r stock,,i hav th same interior in my 78 just carmal colored

You're a lucky man. These are some stylish interior pieces you have here! Love the whole package. Also never ceases to amaze me the sources of knowledge on this site. Ask and you shall receive !

Auto Transport Service
Back