• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do the inner cat whiskers attach?

Hilljack68

Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
I'm putting the cat whiskers in for the quarter windows on my hardtop Coronet. All the other pieces have clips... except the inner felts on the quarters. How on earth do these attach?? Double-sided tape??
20200928_173643.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely not the correct way, but i used small, round top, sheet metal screws, right through the face of the fuzzy. and made sure to sink them low enough to clear the glass. Once they're sunk, they pretty much disappear.

I did the same as Aaron I used really small flat head screws can’t even see them when they go into the fuzzy stuff

I think i predrilled the holes, right through the fuzzy & metal, before running screws in.

I thought Dodge clipped theirs while Plymouth did the stupid staple thing?!?

Yeah, you may be on to something Wayne. I was on the phone with Jim from Detroit Muscle just before I posted this, and he said staples. But I told him my inner panel had no punctures, so the factory didn't use staples. Sounds like you may be right about the Dodge vs. Plymouth thing.
Maybe it varied by plant too. If so, Lynch Rd didn't use staples. Jim mentioned maybe using 3M's VHB (very high bond) tape. My only concern there is the additional thickness might restrict the movement of the glass.

Ok, mystery solved... My thinking was all wrong. The felts were indeed stapled on the 68 Coronet. When I said there were no holes in the inside sheet metal of my car, I was forgetting that the inner felts weren't attached there. They were stapled to the trim panel, which mounts to that inner sheet metal. THIS trim panel:

s-l640.jpg

So, my memory failed me again. Dang, it suck getting older! Thanks for all the input fellas.

Yep.. why I linked my Bird clean up thread for Dega... but I did think Dodge clipped them. Never sure, as my Bee is a Coupe so no rear felts/wipers.

Yep.. why I linked my Bird clean up thread for Dega... but I did think Dodge clipped them. Never sure, as my Bee is a Coupe so no rear felts/wipers.

my 70 Coronet was stapled.

Auto Transport Service
Back