• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you remove the window vent assembly from a 2 door sedan car

funnykarman

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
What is the best way to remove the entire window frame assembly from a 2 dr post car . Both of my old ones have rust in the upper pivot pins . I have 2 very nice ones to replace them with . I see that there are 2 bolts holding the top in and 1 on the bottom of the window slide with 1 screw in the top of the frame of the door . do you remove the big window or is there a trick to take it out with the window rolled down . Any help on this would be nice . Thanks John
A couple of pic's first is the rusty pins . second one of the good frame and window assembly, next few are the attachment points for the frame assembly ..
IMG_2540.JPG
IMG_2541.JPG
IMG_2542.JPG
IMG_2543.JPG
IMG_2544.JPG

Don't know if this view from the FSM helps... (1970)
upload_2019-3-31_20-4-59.png

VENT WING REPLACEMENT
REMOVAL

1. Removing attaching screws at vent frame at door front facing.
2. With door glass in down position, remove division channel support screws at lower end.
3. Remove division channel off of glass edge.
4. Disconnect the outer belt weatherstrip for a short distance to provide clearance for the vent wing division channel.
5. Pull the top of vent frame towards rear of door and pull assembly out of door.

Last edited:
I have never been able to remove one with glass in door, '67 and down A and B bodies, 2 and 4 door.

On my 65, I had to remove the side glass and hardware to get the vent window out. Once the bolts and screws are removed, lean the vent window down into the door (where the side glass was) and then up and out.
Now is also the time to change the felt in the window channel, if needed.

On my 65, I had to remove the side glass and hardware to get the vent window out. Once the bolts and screws are removed, lean the vent window down into the door (where the side glass was) and then up and out.
Now is also the time to change the felt in the window channel, if needed.
Thanks , you answered my question . I will change out all the window channel . Thanks again John

Auto Transport Service
Back