• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you tell the difference between 68-70 BB throttle brackets?

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been researching and can’t find any info on how to tell the difference between B and RB throttle brackets for 68-70 b bodies.

I know there are two different part numbers.

Most repro stuff lumps them all together but have seen informed posters say there’s a difference between B and RB, but I don’t know how to tell the difference / what the difference is B versus RB that is. Is it a width thing for positioning the throttle cable hold down? Or location of the hold down for the kick down swivel pin?

I also don’t know if there is any difference between manual and auto other than the kick down linkage swivel pin being present or not. That’s the only difference I see.

Input sought

From National Mo-parts

1967-70 383 4-barrel throttle cable mounting bracket complete with zinc plated hold down and correct hex coni keps nut. Correct for A & B-Body applications. Will also fit earlier engines but is not exact replica of the 1966 version part.

Use for both 4-speed and automatic transmission applications. Remove pivot pin and spacer for use with 4-speed. Reference Chrysler part number 2863703 for automatic and 2863704 4-speed version.

Auto Transport Service
Back