• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does the windshield come out?

beeguy

Banned
Banned
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
I'm stripping the paint off my '70 Superbee and need to get the windshield out, it's broke so it's junk anyway but I hate to kick it out and make a mess. I've never messed with the gaketed style before there must be a trick to it. the gasket looks good but do you reuse them or are they always replaced with the new windshield?

If you don't damage it in the removal and it's still soft, it can be used again. If I remember correctly, part of the seal "locks" in to itself on the top side. You should see a seam. After removing the stainless trim, then pop that locking part out. That should allow you to flex the seal enough to get the glass out.

or just beat the **** out of it.

either way:edgy:

Unlock the bead first...then go around the bead, inside and out with a putty knife to separate the glass from the bead(carefully if your saving the rubber). Then start at one corner near the top an put pressure on it to get it out of the rubber(heavy leather work gloves here). Work across the top and down the sides to get it loose form the seal. Pull it out of the bottom channel.

or the quicker method if you are replacing the rubber...cut the rubber off the front side with a HD razor knife and cover the dash and hood with tarps, pull the seat up and push it out with your feet and leg muscles.

Have fun!

Auto Transport Service
Back