• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How fat is my Fury?

furyus

Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Been trying to find the weight of my 64 Sport Fury. Some sites say 3400-3500. That seems too light to me. Has anyone actually weighed their cars ? any real numbers? Race cars are no help. Thanks.

Mor info would help. Big block or small block? Auto,or four speed? Bench or buckets? Looks like a hardtop, i think they are heavier than a sedan. Power steering, brakes and air? All figure in an educated guess.
My bracket racer 62 is 3250, my runner big block auto is 3700. Without more info, my guess for yours would be 3550.

Go to a scale at a truck stop.. Your local landfill weighs stuff too.. Just fork over the dump fee and they will weigh it too. Or since its a classic car they may shoot ya a freebie.

Last edited:
Just fork over the dump fee and they will weigh it too

Take your beer cans to the scrap yard. Then you can get paid! :drinks: (and get your weight for free).
BTW, if we are starting a poll, I'm gonna go with pretty close to 3500# like you were told. But it does depend a lot on the options, and if it's a big block adds a few more pounds too.

Race cars are no help.

Funny that.... race cars really dont start shedding major weight until they get serious, like in the high 10's. Most Stock type and SuperStock cars are only a few pounds lighter that as-built. But what they do do, is start moving the weight back for better transfer. Removing the undercoating, wipers, interior, heater box, etc. is just replaced with the weight of a cage, two batteries in some cases and a heavier axle. But you do typically see the weight come off the front first, for sure. If you can lose 200#, you've done something for sure.

Not sure how different a 65 is, but I had a 65 Sport Fury that was a 383/4 speed car. With me in it, it was 3810. I'm 300.

I got a weight for my diesel pickup when i made a trip to the dump with a bed full of trash, junk, and yard trimmings. A LOT more than i thought.
You might be able to get a weight at a friendly "recycling" yard. I'm sure if i drove mine to the dump
(ahem..recycling yard) i could get a weight for free, or almost free.
The only question is accuracy. Those scales are for lots of weight, maybe not real accurate at only car weight.

I just drove to my local tip which has the weighbridge outside the office window with an external digital display. I drove up, asked them some information about tip fees, and drove off. The car weighed 3,564 lbs, 1966 Satellite, 318 poly, 727, full street trim incl spare and jack, full sound deadener under carpet, missing only the heater box (probably 25 lbs).
These cars are not as heavy as they look, or rather modern cars have so much more weight in safety systems, electronics etc. A new car this big would easily top 4000 lbs.

Your car is so fat, it has to wear black spandex to fit in a drive through.

Funny that.... race cars really dont start shedding major weight until they get serious, like in the high 10's. Most Stock type and SuperStock cars are only a few pounds lighter that as-built. But what they do do, is start moving the weight back for better transfer. Removing the undercoating, wipers, interior, heater box, etc. is just replaced with the weight of a cage, two batteries in some cases and a heavier axle. But you do typically see the weight come off the front first, for sure. If you can lose 200#, you've done something for sure.
All true.I remember the days of Novas with the interior gutted, no inner fenders, pop rivet dash, etc, running low 13's, so, that's what I was thinking. Just wanted to be clear it's all stock.

Yes, this car has it all. Big Block, auto, bucket seats, sway bars,all that extra trim, just no P/B.
It's just hard for me to think this car is so relatively light, when my 69 dart feels like a featherweight by comparison.

Yes, this car has it all. Big Block, auto, bucket seats, sway bars,all that extra trim, just no P/B.
It's just hard for me to think this car is so relatively light, when my 69 dart feels like a featherweight by comparison.
3650 +/- 50 depending on options is very close.
Doug

My Coronet was 3941 minus me. 440, 727, 3/4 tank of fuel, ac, ps, Torker intake, TTI headers and exhaust, full interior, trim etc. Very portly.

had my 63 fury weighted it is big block 4 speed bucket seat it is 3450

Auto Transport Service
Back