• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long is a 68-70 B-Body with no front clip?

6PKRTSE

Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
A guy I work with just asked me. How long is a 68-70 B-Body without the front clip installed. & from core supost to rear of body? He may have to store his car in a small one car sized shed for awhile (not even as big as a one car garage) & was hoping it would fit in length wise since the front clip is all removed. Just wondering if anyone knew off of the top of their heads? I told him I could measure one of mine when I get home.

I just "paced off" my '70 Road Runner at about 19 ft., so maybe 18 ft. without the front clip & 17-1/2 ft. without the bumper brackets???

I just "paced off" my '70 Road Runner at about 19 ft., so maybe 18 ft. without the front clip & 17-1/2 ft. without the bumper brackets???

I don't know how deep this shed is that he is going to be parking it in. He is going home to measure it tonight also.

It is actually around 16.5-17 ft bumper to bumper.....

No, he was wanting to know without the front clip installed (core support to rear of body). Not bumper to bumper.

A 67 is 16 ft, 2 inches from core support to back of the rear bumper. Seeing they use the same front and rear (for the most part) framerails and the floorpans are interchangeable....I think that is representative of a 69

A 67 is 16 ft, 2 inches from core support to back of the rear bumper. Seeing they use the same front and rear (for the most part) framerails and the floorpans are interchangeable....I think that is representative of a 69

Okay, thanks for measuring. He thinks the shed is like 8'X16' so it is going to be close.

Auto Transport Service
Back