• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many are running the factory LX Computer?

HemiAlex

Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Just trying to get an idea.

I've got a few friends pushing the idea on me. The only limitation will be camshaft sizing will have to be modest. Otherwise it's a great option.

Most people use the truck computer, 05' as it's the best for tuning. I haven't heard or seen anyone use an lx computer.

I will be running an 04 truck computer. I think most people run the truck since they majorly use the 5-45RFE for an auto or the truck manual tune for a stick. I don't even know if hotwireauto or hotrodlane support the LX computer.

05 Ram truck computer here Hotwireauto tuned, I don't think Hotwireauto has LX PCM harnesses.

The LX computer is hard to use because of the fact it uses the NAG1 transmission which requires wheel sensors. The Computer may be able to be sent to Hotwireauto and have the transmission portion eliminated but you'd need to talk to them to see on that for sure.

I however will be attempting a hemi nag1 combo into my belvedere with the front and rear suspension out of a 06 charger.

I may of figured out how to setup my dart with front wheel sensors. Hopefully my buddy will be around long enough for me to borrow his lathe and try something out. I will be trying some testing in the coming weeks

Alex, you can run as big of a cam as you want, the factory computer isn't an issue. Run a truck computer and we will put a car flash in it, no biggie

Teaser bad iphone photos. I will tell you more later :toothy5:
5d037ad0.jpg

3cb87590.jpg

I dont get the deal with those pictures. I settled on building a 5.7 turbo for my 64 polara. It will be run on a factory computer out of a 2006 SRT8. I am converting it to a 6 speed manual file, turning off security, and custom tuning it. I have personally made 1100rwhp on the factory ecm with no issues

LX/LY is the car platform for mopars, not like Mustang gt or lx which is fords trim line models, which is a fox body....hopefully you get what I'm saying?

My bad, just trying to help. Quit screwing with me like that, lol!

I didn't know you could run Mustang LX stuff in a Mopar.

The 90's called, they wondered why they haven't seen you at the street races lately. There is a guy with a mustang here that wants to run ya :headbang:

glad you got a laugh out of that, mission complete :)

So with an 03 truck 5.7 and an 833 transmission how much of the ECU wiring do I need, with a truck or durango ECU? Leaning towards carburation but have the OEM fuel injection on it now.

Ken

First are ya gonna use the stock computer? What year of computer?....05 is the best to use, stay away from the 03. You will need the automatic trans turned off by a CMR tuner (lxmodguy can do that for ya) and he can also tune your combo. Call hotwireauto.com and talk to Chris, he can set you up on the harness (stay with the fuel injection, you will be happier in the end). Either the truck or Durango ecu will be fine just make sure to get the 05, and the 03 engine is just fine. Send lxmodguy a pm, and he'll set you straight, also very easy to talk with and can answer all your ?'s.

Auto Transport Service
Back