• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many months a year does the weather allow you to drive your Mopar and where?

# of months you can drive your Mopar

• less than 3 months a year

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • 3-6 months a year

Votes: 93 28.5%
  • 6-9 months a year

Votes: 101 31.0%
  • more than 9 months a year

Votes: 114 35.0%

• Total voters

68 Sport Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
I am northern California born and raised and spoiled by the mild weather that we have year round in the San Francisco bay area. One thing that I love about it is that we never get snow, but if I want snow it's only a 4 hr drive, and even if I avoid driving my mopar in the rain, I have the option to drive it probably 10 months out of the year or more.

How about the rest of you?

I love California weather but the wife has only lived in San Jose and has brought up more than a few times that she would like to try living somewhere else for a few years or more. She's tired of the traffic, high prices, and just wants a change. If I do this, I would prefer to live somewhere that doesn't snow or rain too often and I would like to be able to take the mopar out more than 6 months a year. Of course I'll have to consider employment. I currently work as an engineer for medical device design. The wife is an elementary school teacher, so her employment is very mobile.

This is all HYPOTHETICAL and we haven't decided to move yet - just doing some very early recon. I have driven through most of the country myself on road trips and seen every state west of the dakotas, but haven't seen much of the eastern seaboard. I've visited the midwest many times for work. Very beautiful, but the winters seem too harsh. I lived in Alabama for 3 yrs after college and I've visited a few other places in the south like Louisiana and Georgia. I'm leaning towards considering a move to Tennessee (Chattanooga, Knoxville, or Memphis), the Carolinas, Virginia, or possibly Tampa, Florida. These are all places I've never been to, but would like to visit.

Any advice? Even if you have no opinion on my possible move, I'd still like to hear how many months a year are mopar driving friendly where you live.

Wow, I was going to rule out all of Colorado because I thought it snowed everywhere. Thanks for that tip!

Sweden! This and last year has been a disaster, maybe 7-8 times total!!!

im in colorado, my daily driver is my duster 12 months a year. my charger is driven from may to october.

Attachments

• snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 892
  • snow4.jpg
    snow4.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 903
Lower Michigan, put it in the storage shed in early December and get it back out in April. Last year it was 90 in March, so the car came out early.

In NJ usually 11 or 12 months. More depends on rain than winter conditions, though 2 years ago the winter was so bad it was prob more like 9 months.

North Carolina would be 12 months, were it not for July and August.......

Houston area....all year long but if you don't ever want your car to get wet, you have to watch the weather report and even then, it's a crap shoot. If there's anything I hate worse is to wash and wax it and then it rains the next day unexpectedly....but right now I don't have to worry about that since I don't have anything old running right now unless you call a 95 Dakota yard cart old and I could care less what pees on that thing!

68SportSat... As you know here in Calif., we get some great car weather, I'm in the Sierra's so it less than you in San Jose, but unless it's pouring rain or snowing {freaken' snow}, it's all good to drive, but it that takes about 2 months away from the driving days available, like you probably well know the weather here in Calif., I too have driven 12 months of the year, in many of my muscle cars thou, like I said, "as long as no freaken' snow or ice on the roads or bad rain fall, then they're driven", my muscle cars live a sheltered life now...LOL...

- - - Updated - - -

Get the hell out of the Bay Area, even if you stay in Calif. somewhere else, if you can do your job or work in a much nicer, much less populated, much less traffic, much less crime ridden, much cleaner quiter area/environment, you will leave allot of the stress behind...

Depends on the winter. I watch the roads and weather, and if we get a dry stretch and the roads dry off, out comes the Dart. The North of Idaho ---"it's a state of the mind."

April thru October is usually pretty good up here north of Seattle. Rain in winter and early spring except for a day or two here and there. I refuse to drive the Belvedere in the rain, takes too much work to clean. Not very much snow, maybe a week or two. But when the weather is good in the summer and fall, like it is today, 75 and sunny, it is absolutely beautiful.:glasses9:

Buffalo NY area- maybe 5 or 6 months tops.

Buffalo Ny also...sometimes in March...more in April and last year into December....Been doing it for over 40 years with a storage car....easilly 6 months.....up to 9 depending on weather if 1 day counts for the month....I can put on 5k a season as I drive it evrywhere...every chance

Auto Transport Service
Back