• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many vehicles have you totalled?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
Intentional or unintentional! So far, I've done just one that was intentional and it probably could have been fixed but at the time, the thing wasn't worth much as it was let alone afterwards lol. It was a 67 Dart hardtop and was used in a private demo derby around 77. It was a 273 auto originally and the transmission was missing when I got it. Found a 67 smashed Barracuda with a /6 3 speed and it had a complete new front end under it so I just swapped everything to the Dart and drove it back and forth to work and beat the snot out of it.

I hope the insurance industry isn't reading this.

I have been in two accidents that totaled my vehicles: 1968 Chevrolet Camaro (first car), 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse (first Mopar, well, sort of). Thankfully, I never sustained a scratch.

EDIT: The insurance companies already know about these.

Last edited:

rolled a Beetle, my fault

head on in a Olds 98 playing chicken; young and retarded

T-boned an illegal with a 300zx I was selling; his fault, my loss

Just 1..my first car, a 63 Corvair Monza, 2 weeks old, 672 miles. Dad bought it for me new. He was pissed, only had liability ins. About $2,300.00 new. Needless to say, I walked to school for about 7 mos. Next he bought me a new 63 Biscayne. Yes I was more careful for a while.:lol:....a short while!

One. First car, 70 Torino. It was a piece of junk and I was 16. Hit a new car head on at low speed because I was young and stupid. It was before insurance was mandatory and of course I didn't have any. That was bad!

None, thank you! I guess that make me a excellent driver!

rolled a Beetle, my fault

head on in a Olds 98 playing chicken; young and retarded

T-boned an illegal with a 300zx I was selling; his fault, my loss
Done a lot of crazy stuff with cars but playing chicken wasn't one of them lol.

I don’t think I would state it was “intentional” on a public forum...lol
My 'intentional' total was a private demo derby....on private property. At least I was able to drive it home.

My 'intentional' total was a private demo derby....on private property. At least I was able to drive it home.
Lol.......

I was also in the back seat of an early 70s monte carlo...... we were doing upwards of 70 mph on a dirt road and the idiot lost control, sliding into a plowed farm field...... we rolled violently 3 times and landed on the wheels. all the windows were blown out and the doors wouldn't open........we all walked away. lol, those were the days :drinks:

Btw, my intentional total wasn't an insurance job. The junk I drove usually wasn't worth carrying anything but liability!

1 my green 73 Challenger. Bald tires, rainy streets, got on it a little too much and it went sideways. I couldn't bring it out of a skid and hit a utility pole on the drivers side just behind the wheel opening. It wasn't a very nice car though. Made money on that one! Not the best photo. The blue one was nice.

View attachment 855891

Capture.PNG

Me? None. But this was done to my moms daily driver in 2008, by an illegal alien kid in a honda who hit and ran.

20180308_145250.jpg

Like Cranky, not an insurance claim, but I rolled my 1984 RamCharger. Parted It out after.

Only two. I skidded off an icy road in my '84 grand prix and sideswiped a barn! I had to put the spare tire on and the brake line tore. I had to drive over 100 miles to Minneapolis with no brakes! A friend that worked in a body shop helped me fix it over a weekend. The second was my '70 GTX. I hit a tree on the boulevard head on. The tree came out of the ground and the front of the car looked like a horseshoe. The good news is that it is fixed now but still at the body shop.

a 76 Power Wagon back in like (?) 1983-84-ish
I got sandwiched in between 2, 1 ton carpet vans
******* idiots were racing to a job,
traffic stopped & they didn't, I was in the middle
it was on the 680 freeway in Lafayette Ca.
it was the only one to drive away from the scene of the accident too
the frame got bent, both the bed & front end were accordion'd
took it home & took what was usable off
shame was I just finished doing a bunch of work to it
rebuilt engine, trans transfer-case, lift & new big wheels tires, lower gears,
converted from fulltime 4x4 to locking hubs
added roll bar in the back & spare etc. etc. etc.

I was hurt some (2 compressed disc's in my back)
& my dog was hurt too, cut his head pretty good
I was pissed when it was all done

a RV trailer that got smacked/smashed by a semi,
lost my *** on that one

in my 20's a bunch of my ol' HS & car/racing buddies
we use to buy little ****-boxes, running cars $100-$150
almost always small cars/mini trucks
& take them out in the back pasture & beat the **** out of them
have little races, banging each other etc.
lots of Pinto's & Vega's, Datsun's, Toyota's, Honda's etc.
met their end there
then sell em' for scrap, buy pizza & beer with the proceeds

cheap fun

Circa 1998, I was exploring a new ranch property (3,000 acres) Dad purchased in a white 1990 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 5 speed. I pulled in the four-wheel drive (low range) to drive a few yards up to a "dirt road" that had been carved into the side of a hill (hadn't been driven on in years). As soon as I straightened out on this "dirt road", driving maybe one, two, or three miles per hour, the right front of the truck began to dip. Because I thought I had been driving so cautiously and so slowly, I did not brake, but kept moving ahead at a crawl. In slow motion, the dip increased until the entire vehicle rolled 360 degrees and landed on its tires again. Hurt my left elbow in the process.

Past rainfall had put a ditch across this path as the water flowed down the hill from left to right, uphill to downhill. Afterward, weeds had grown up in the ditch, which made it invisible to someone driving in that direction for the first time.

The windshield was cracked, the passenger mirror broke off, the roof was caved in, the box was damaged. Well, it was a wreck, but still drivable. We had it towed to the best body shop in town, which gave us an estimate of about $7,000.00. Not worth fixing there.

I removed the cab and purchased a used cab for about $350.00 from a wrecking yard. Changed everything out myself and "restored" the wreck for pennies on the dollar that way.

Removed the box, and my brother-in-law (welder) converted it to a flat bed. A local body shop repainted the truck, good as new. (photo not our truck, but similar in appearance)

truck.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back