• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much Mopar limited slip additive?

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
I have 80w90 oil and Mopar Limited Slip Additive.

The bottle states
Apply 2-5% by gear lubricant weight

I dont get what this means?

I want to change my differential oil.
How much limited slip additive do i have to add when filling it up with 80w90?
Or how much should i add per liter of oil?

There is another thing.
I need to buy a suction device to get the old oil out.

From cheap manually operated pumps to expensive pneumatic devices there is everything out there.
What kind of device would you guys recommend for the job?

Found this relatively cheap electric pump for example:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DTC46YY/
is this any good?

Brewers recommended ford additive for the new sure grip I got from him , dumped in the whole bottle , works great , cost me $8

That ferd stuff is what I use on all suregrips.

Well i already got the oil and additive.

There is another thing.

From cheap manually operated pumps to expensive pneumatic devices there is everything out there.

is this any good?

For now i just need to know how to get it in & out. :D

There is another thing.

is this any good?
Just buy a good quality manual suction pump - looks a lot like a grease gun....worked on my transmission.

BTW...never get a young person to film anything important....they are so accustomed to doing FB posts that portrait is the only orientation they know about. :rolleyes:

I got a suction pump from NAPA years ago I still use and flush it out after I'm done with it. Suppose all the auto stores have them, not expensive. Hey guys - go figure I got recommendations to put in GM posi additive and did that two years ago...

I use the small (I think 4 oz.) bottle of the Ford stuff as well.

Which rear axle? 8 3/4 or 9 3 3/4? Which style limited slip?

EDIT: My experience, early 8 3/4 or Dana clutch style limited slip like the Ford additive a bit better, Mopar version for cone style. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
8 3/4"
I just know it has sure grip from the factory.

You get the oil out by pulling the carrier out. I wouldn’t rely on sucking it out.

Or... drill and tap a plug on the bottom of the housing. Drilling while full will flush it all out and then grease your tap. Install pipe plug and you’ve got yourself an 8 3/4 drain plug.

I never did this but saw it done before.

So does this one work? Need to buy it today in order to get it this week.
Save your self some money-----just sneak in the kitchen and take the wife's baster , slip a short piece of fuel line over the tip and you got a cheap tool to suck out or add fluids

You get the oil out by pulling the carrier out. I wouldn’t rely on sucking it out.

Or... drill and tap a plug on the bottom of the housing. Drilling while full will flush it all out and then grease your tap. Install pipe plug and you’ve got yourself an 8 3/4 drain plug.

I never did this but saw it done before.
I did do a drain on my 65 and it worked dandy. 1/8" pipe plug and be careful tapping so as not to over shoot the depth. Plugs are available with internal/external drive. I placed the hole just off center, to miss the seam.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back