• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Often Does Everyone Change Their Oil?

68Charger440HP

Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
I'm curious how often everyone changes their oil on their dedicated drag cars or their street/strip cars. I have about 200 street driven miles and 12 passes on the track since my last oil change. I know it's cheap insurance for the motor but I'm just interested in what everyone else does for their motor. For what it's worth, I use Brad Penn oil.

Thanks!

Daily driver stuff 3000 miles which is about once a month. Other,fun cars,old truck,motorcycle once a year or about 1000 miles.

Racecar....after about 20 passes. Daily cars...5K

I try and chang it about every 2500 miles with ht e filter.

I change my DD every 5000 miles. I've only changed oil on the GTX once since the rebuild. That after about 500 miles. Haven't decided how often to change the oil on it as I drive it infrequently. I use Lucas Oil in it.

So far with the street/strip car it's been about 400 - 500 street miles with about 40 runs at strip. With new motor will probably be more frequent, still thinking about it & get builders input. Higher compression in the new bullet. Previous drag only motors 30 - 40 runs. Oil was a lot cheaper then. Always change filter.
Not a daily driver!

Last edited:
Take my daily driver truck into Discount Tires to rotate and balance every 5,000 miles, and I make it a habit to change the oil at that time
( plus I bought a lifetime alignment at Firestone, so the alignment gets done at the same time )

My race car gets 5w30 synthetic every 100 passes. No issues 400 passes. 15-1, 572, 7000 rpm
Doug

So little miles on them per year. But 1X a year regardless of miles.

I use my drain-oil from the race-engines in my beaters, garden tractor, etc. I have about 10 gallons to use up. LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back