• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Attach Linkage to Brake Booster????

PurpleBeeper

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good trick to re-connect the brake pedal linkage to the back of a brake booster? My car is a 70 Roadrunner with power disc/drum. I did this job once before and remember it was a major PIA...and it still is. I was "barely" able to get the booster/bracket bolt out to remove the old brake booster & I've worked on trying to get the bolt back in for 3 hours without any luck. Any tricks? I'm starting to consider taking the booster back out, attaching the linkage and try to "thread the needle" to get it all back in place with the linkage attached. Any help is appreciated.

I'm starting to consider taking the booster back out, attaching the linkage and try to "thread the needle" to get it all back in place with the linkage attached. Any help is appreciated.
This is how I did mine, good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back