• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to convert 2 speed wipers to 3 speed

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
I’m doing a Super Bee “tribute” car on a 1970 Coronet. I’m changing from stock flat hood to a Ramcharger hood, complete with carb air box and twin scoops etc.
My car has two speed windshield wipers. Will this work with my hood and Ramcharger set up or do I need to switch to the three speed wiper motor for clearance with the air box. My hood etc isn’t together yet so I can’t just check.
If I do need to change to three speed, what all is required besides the three speed motor?

The 3-speed switch and the 3-speed arm and cam for the motor. Arm and cam are available from various sources but the switch can be hard to come by. HOWEVER, the 2-speed switch will work but obviously you'll only have 2 speeds.

And yes, you do need to convert for the oval air cleaner to fit.

And fyi....I was able to use a c-body 3-speed wiper motor by using a rat tail file on my OEM 3-speed b-body wiper motor linkage arm. Basically, I "rounded out" the opposing side of the linkage arm's attaching point (it has a square hole with one side rounded off...I rounded off a 2nd, opposing side). My C-body 3-speed motor has worked for years

Auto Transport Service
Back