• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to free up a stuck engine?

detmatt1

Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Who has a proven concoction for pouring into the cylinders of a stuck engine?. I have heard many and remember none:icon_weed:
Thanks in advance!.

Matt,we use deisel mixed with atf.Some guys use brake fluid.

I've used this method: spray WD-40 ( or PB blaster-type stuff), then some Marvel mystery oil. Worked for me years ago... good luck.

A friend just had just picked up an old flathead ford that was in a car sitting for 30 plus years. The marvel mystery oil and ATF worked it free. He could move it in a few days and just worked it by turning the motor at the balancer until it was freed up. Add a little each day.

If its froze tear it apart

If it is froze up why waste the time pouring stuff in the eninge, you already know you have to tear it down and rebuild it, just pull it apart and pull out the hones, time is of the essence. We only live once and the sooner we enjoy our rides the better!!

Most people know they will have to rebuild the motor regardless. But if you still want to use the block you have to get the old stuff out first without damaging anything.

Thanks guys. The engine is in a `70 Challenger project car that I have up for sale, so I just wanted to get it freed up, being a matching #'s 340 car.

Auto Transport Service
Back