• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to identify rear axles? 72 Satty

747mopar

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Forgive me fellas but I've been blessed with only 8 3/4's until now and need to know what I have. I recently purchased a 72 Satty that had a badly broken tailshaft housing (727), after swapping it I realized the driveshaft seemed very long.... might be what broke the tailshaft housing? Anyways in order to see what the length should be I need to know which rear I have. Here's the only pic I have right now but can snap one tonight.
20170321_212802.jpg

This help at all Devin?

Mopar_rear_id.jpg

Forgive me fellas but I've been blessed with only 8 3/4's until now and need to know what I have. I recently purchased a 72 Satty that had a badly broken tailshaft housing (727), after swapping it I realized the driveshaft seemed very long.... might be what broke the tailshaft housing? Anyways in order to see what the length should be I need to know which rear I have. Here's the only pic I have right now but can snap one tonight.View attachment 406856
Hard to tell from that pic but maybe this will help

IMG_1084.JPG

Looks like the 9 1/4" I had in my 72 Satellite.

Auto Transport Service
Back