• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Install A Decal........

soundhd

Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
Kind of a silly question but have to "install" (not sure what the correct term is) a set of Roadrunners on the fenders of my 70 RR. Have never installed a decal before....just need to fine out the correct way.....any tips and/or tricks would be appreciated.......

thanks

I put a drop of soap (and I mean a drop) in a two gallon bucket of water, wetted down the area where I wanted the decal, applied the decal and squeegeed the water out with a small, flexible bondo applicator. I don't know if it's the correct way, but it worked for me.

There's that way ^^^^ Which I'd prob do, I've seen the pros just stick it on dry, smooth it out same way.

I put some strobe stripes from Phoenix graphics on my wife's challeneger and that's exactly the way the instructions read.just put the soap water mixture in a spray bottle and spray the back of the decal and squeegee it out.when I got into a wrinkle i just wet the decal down good and worked it out.had a few bubbles i couldn't get out and I used a pin to get the air out.

X4 on the soap and water in a spray bottle. I've used this more than once.

I installed stripes on my coronet. I used the insallation lube that phoenix sells. Highly recommend made the job pretty easy really. I am no pro by any means it just gives you plenty of time to position the decal and squeege out the lube.

Oh ya the lube creates less bubbles because it goes on flat with no buubles to start. When you spray out of a bottle with soap and water you get allot more air between your decal and the surface.

Good luck and just take your time. Patience buddy.

I installed stripes on my coronet. I used the insallation lube that phoenix sells. Highly recommend made the job pretty easy really. I am no pro by any means it just gives you plenty of time to position the decal and squeege out the lube.

Oh ya the lube creates less bubbles because it goes on flat with no buubles to start. When you spray out of a bottle with soap and water you get allot more air between your decal and the surface.

Good luck and just take your time. Patience buddy.
i agree with jason..the gel makes it so much easier and gives u plenty of time to move it around and even take off and reset..then when u have it ready just squeegee it out and thats it..i think it was 8-10 bucks for the gel

Auto Transport Service
Back