• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove '70 R/T Adhesive Backed Emblem?

RT6PK

Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
I have a '70 Coronet R/T with a messed up R/T emblem on the quarter panel scoop. I want to remove and replace it with a new one. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove the adhesive / emblem without messing up the paint? It's probably the same emblem on a '70 Charger R/T door scoop.

I use a hair dryer to heat up the emblem to help soften the adhesive, then I use dental floss to remove the emblem, then I use some rubbing compond to remove any adhesive that is still on the paint.

I use a hair dryer to heat up the emblem to help soften the adhesive, then I use dental floss to remove the emblem, then I use some rubbing compond to remove any adhesive that is still on the paint.
I`M WANTING TO REMOVE THE ram 1500 badges on my 2014, but afraid I`ll mess up the paint, both doors have been repainted ..

I just took some off a 87 truck with goof off, no issues with the paint just my 2C

I agree with the dental floss. Waxed, thick dental floss is what the car dealers use to pull dealer badges off trade in cars.

Just don't set the hair dryer on high. Slowly heat the emblem. Soft nylon scraper may help, just be careful.

Auto Transport Service
Back