• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Remove Headlights On A 70 RR

soundhd

Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
Need to replace one of the headlights on my 70 RR. Looked at the shop manual...instructions aid to remove the headlight surround first...headlight surround? whats that about?....anyway not very clear on how to do it....looks like the whole grill needs to be removed to get at the headlights?
Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

first you need to remove the bezel from the side to be replaced. then you have to remove the headlight ring/surround. its a very easy job.

Did this last night. There are four screws in the portion of the dash in front of the headlight (the bezel). The screws are easy to unthread, but can be hard to get out of the bezel. I use an extendable magnet to pull the screws out. The long screw goes in the lower outboard hole. The medium screw goes in the upper outboard hole. The two shorter screws go in the inboard holes toward the center of the car.

When you go to remount it, I'd start with the outboard upper screw first, then the lower outboard. Be careful with the plastic.

Sorry for the detail - It took me longer to type this than it will take you to do it. But no one ever had instructions that were TOO good!

Auto Transport Service
Back