• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove the steering wheel 1970 Sport Satellite

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
Hi I removed the nut and I assume the wheel is pressed in and I need to use a gear puller to extract correct? My factory manual is not clear in this regard.

I want to put a Grant 4 spoke GT wheel on it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

The Moparfeind....

What WileERobby said. Steering wheel puller will thread into the steering wheel, and a bolt will push on the center shaft

Thanks guys, do you guys know about fitment for aftermarket steering wheels like Grants? Like what to look for with respect to compatibility or install kits?

Had a Grant GT for years replacing the Sport Wheel. Improved ergo and room. I have power steering. No problems. BTW, the Sport Wheel with center etc is going for about $500 around here. That's nuts, I keep mine on the Bar for good looks.

Check YouTube.....LOTS of helpful videos on car stuff.

https://www.harborfreight.com/bolt-type-wheel-puller-set-62620.html

62620_zzz_500.jpg

Geez DennisH the Grant wheel I am looking at is $75

F927C471-3466-4788-9F20-401EB3DB4866.png

Excellent thanks themechanic !!!

Autozone also has one without the hooks for rent for $20. You can return it or keep it. If you keep it it's $20.

Auto Transport Service
Back