• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to track down an old Cuda

greasemonkey512

Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
Is it at all possible to track down an old Cuda that was owned by my dad?

Only info I have would be the color, year, name, and address.

Is there a way to do a reverse VIN lookup by names or something similar?

70684.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmm,
Possible
Check the Cuda registry
Many forums and registries encourage previous owners to volunteer information, which helps to locate or give information to a specific car.
I am on the 1,512 Registry for my 69 SC/Rambler
Many many SC/Ramblers have been "lost" over the years to:
Rust
Wrecked
Lost
etc.
IF....if you have a VIN and info of the car in question, the Registry members will include that VIN in the registry....
That may be one way to "Get Started"

Cuda registry:
cuda registry is up and running! - Cuda challengerwww.cuda-challenger.com › ... › The Good Stuff › Ebod Pics

Another possible avenue:
Plymouth Barracuda/Cuda Owners Club - Homehttps://www.pbcoc.com

OR: For E-Bodies Only Forum

Search everywhere you can think of. You might get lucky and find it. A few years ago a guy found his father's Cuda....in Japan! It had been there a number of years and had at least two owners. He got lucky, you might too.

Hmmm - been trying to find my cousin's 64 426/4sp Polara for a long time. He bought it brand new in Chicago. Must be registry for Dodges...

I have searched for my dads Challenger for years. I even have the vin and the original sales receipt.
I'm going to do some net surfing to see if there's a Dodge registry. Who knows, after decades it could have been wrecked, or crushed, or parted out. My cousin has been gone geez, 12 years now, but his daughter wondered about her pop's car as there's a bunch of trophies, time slips, photo's, and the original window sticker for his car she's keeping for memories. I think it would be nice for her to find out where the car is today, if it's still around, to send her a photo of hoping someone might have restoed it. He had a '64 Sport Fury for a short time before he somehow talked his dad into co-signing on the monster motor Polara as an 18 year old. The memories of that car as a kid brought me to latch onto a '63 Fury I've had for 25+ years now...while I still miss the '70 Cuda droptop I had and let go of eons ago. A lot of us oldsters from the hey day of muscle cars have similar regrets of cars we let go!

Auto Transport Service
Back